Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Probably Best car I've owned since 1976
By Ann

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable, Comfortable, great city and road car. Love the Dynamic Radar controlled cruise control, very safe. Purchased new in 2009, in 2018 had to get A/C condenser replaced at dealer. No other serious issues. Still runs great at 93,000 miles.

Outstanding Car
By Anonymous

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Based on our experience, there are no downsides to this car, except the lack of new technology. But after all, this is an 8 year old car. It is a super car that is quiet, confortable, and reliable.

Best Toyota I've owned
By Anne Clarkson

I have no complaints after putting 100k miles on this car

2 problems, engine noise and battery problem
By bigmac5

Over all, good car.
When started in the morning and accelerating up the hill where I live, makes a sound like the old valve lifter lash before hydraulic valve lifters.

2nd problem is the starter would not rotate when first pushing starter button, but did on susequent trys.
Found 1/2 x 2 inch corosion under the cover on the positive post of the battery and cable.
Toyota replaced altenator with rebult one and replaced cable connector.
Similiar problem about 3 weeks later.
Replaced termial connector again. 3 weeks later now and begining to corrode again.

keyless (don't have to pull the key outof my pocket to enter and start.)

engine noise, wind noise. Also the memory seats adjust the outside mirrows, why not the interior mirror? It already has cables running to it, why not a couple gimbles to adjust it for each driver? I know it is a safety thing, but the cruise control disconnects even when the windshield wipers even start intermittently. I hate that.

Love My Avalon
By ceejay921

2009 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an Avalon XL last year as a Christmas gift for me but unfortunately totaled it in an accident.
My husband and I were so impressed with how well the inside cabin kept us safe, that we had to buy another one.
I purchased the Limited model last month and I am loving this car and all of the perks that come along with it!
This model rides even smoother than my first one and can fit the entire family with ease.
I recommend the Avalon to anyone looking for a comfortable ride at a great price.

bluetooth, rear sunshade, comfort, memory seats, adjustable steering wheel

None.