Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

It is called a large car, but it isn't
By Chris Christensen

2009 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Older Avalons are wider and more spacious. This is an upgraded Camry size. Restricting, not comfortable on long trips, and the seats don't go back far enough. Reclining rear seats are a marketing game. Paint job is very poor - tree sap etched paint. High quality cars should have plenty of clear coat coats. If this is Toyota"s flagship, make it one!! I am very disappointed. The new Venza is even worse - noisy, bumpy ride!

Very peppy.

Widen car like 2003 model (the person who recommended I buy an Avalon has one). I have a 2006 Sienna with comfortable seats - make Avalon as comfortable. Add more clear coat coats.

I like my 09 avalon limited but....
By Derek

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seats are too hard, gps is a rip off, people. How Dare you Toyota can continue 2003 made gps installing in 08, 09, 10 models. We paid for what? Crap. You should update it if you charge people $2,000 for it. I really like that car but for sure it's overpriced. No question about it.

wood trim , center console is not bad , push bottom is good , quiet ride.

GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS , GPS FRONT SEATS ,

Getting Better all the Time
By carlupi

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from my second road trip in my 2009 Avalon XL, just over 600 miles roundtrip. I averaged 32 MPG on first leg and almost 35 MPG on the return, while doing 75 MPH most of the time. Amazing for a car this size. I'm liking this car more all the time. Fantastic value for the price.

Just got it and love it
By Bennett

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchase XL model without any extras. Doesn't matter as it came with everything and more than I needed. I really like the clean center console. With the audio controls on the steering wheel I leave all the compartments closed for a clean sleek uncluttered look. We took our first trip with our new Avalon and averaged over 32 mpg at 75 mph. Just came out of a F150 so I really appreciate the gas mileage. Also, recently had 5 adults in the car. My back seat passengers were amazed by the leg room. I also like the seats. They are not the sporty type with built up sides that you find in most cars today. Basically this is a Japanese Sedan DeVille.....

Extremely smooth quiet ride. Like the clean sleek center console. All the controls are very well placed and ergonomic. For the price you get a lot of car and even the basic XL model has plenty of features. I also like the sliding center arm rest. Makes for very comfortable driving. Lots of storage.

So far I can't find anything I would improve on.

Oops!
By Jeff

2009 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful car except it came with a front end vibration at 38-42 mph and above 60 mph. 5 trips to the dealer and 4,000 miles later, it has a reduced but constant vibration that is a nuisance at 39 mph and discomfort above 60. The dealership replaced 2 tires and then all 4 with a harder tire. You feel every little imperfection in the road and the vibration puts your backside to sleep. After a 250 mile trip, I was exhausted. This car should be a dream to drive but unfortunately it's a bad dream. Filing for a replacement under FL lemon law.

Whistles and bells are great.

Toyota should road test their vehicles before selling them.