Used 2009 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Love My Avalon
By ceejay921

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an Avalon XL last year as a Christmas gift for me but unfortunately totaled it in an accident.
My husband and I were so impressed with how well the inside cabin kept us safe, that we had to buy another one.
I purchased the Limited model last month and I am loving this car and all of the perks that come along with it!
This model rides even smoother than my first one and can fit the entire family with ease.
I recommend the Avalon to anyone looking for a comfortable ride at a great price.

bluetooth, rear sunshade, comfort, memory seats, adjustable steering wheel

None.

Plenty of Room in the Back
By outskiing

2009 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Avalon for three month's. We bought is as a family car and needed room for growing teenagers. I'm 6"3 and can easily fit in the back. It's like riding in a limo and to us is a Lexus in all but name...who needs the big "L" on the front anyway? If you don't mind an understated car that's big on comfort and interstate composure, try out an Avalon.

Interior room, automatically adjusting stereo volume, heated seats and true duel heat/air controls.

The light colored carpets pick up grime and dirt pretty easy and the "brushed aluminium" trim can scratch pretty easy.

Love My Avalon
By TonyR

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 09 Avalon. I use to buy nothing but Lincolns and switched over to Avalon in 2004, this was the best vehicle i have ever driven in the 40 so what years of driving. For some reason the 04 overpowered all the vehicles i have driven. I try to trade every three years to keep my cost value up. I have been driving my 09 now for for 19 months now and love it. I m getting anxious to see what the next new model year design is like and if i like it ill be trading in a flash! Keep up the good work Toyota!

slim dash board lines, and steering wheel controls

back up sensors for all avalons and rear monitor for us old guys LOL LOL

Steering Wheel always unlocking!
By Mimi

2009 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great disappointment with my 2009 Toyota Avalon limited. This is my first and last Toyota. Had the mat / sticking pedal situation be disclosed earlier when known, I would NEVER have gotten this car. My steering wheel unlocks a couple of times a week. Brought into service center and they couldn't find anything wrong! Driving along and steering wheel just drops!! Tried to get rid of car but no one wants it!! I thought Toyota held his value but with all the problems lately, it's a 50% sale for trade-ins! Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!

Like the keyless entry. Comfortable seats.

Steering wheel slipping and unlocking

Best Value in the Car World Today
By carlupi

2009 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my 2009 Avalon the happier I am that I bought it. This is the best car for the money on the market today. I hope Toyota replaces it with a similarly high value product in 2012, when the new model should come out.

Comfort; smooth and quiet ride; fuel economy.

The sunroof should always be a separate option instead of being part of a package, so that tall drivers (like me) can avoid the sunroof and have adequate headroom, yet still be able to get other options like leather seats if they choose.