Used 2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

This is My Last Toyota
By DaytonaSmith

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Avalon XLS I bought in 1998 now has 180,000 miles and is going strong. I hoped to repeat this performance with my new 2008 Avalon Limited. The Toyota quality is just no longer there. Problems include road noise, whining and jerking transmission, seats uncomfortable and squeaking, GPS is totally worthless, paint quality is horrible, rear sunshade activates for no reason, console is obtrusive, limited visibility for backing, and much more. I would advise avoiding Toyota until they return to building great cars like those of ten years ago.

nice wheel styling

Completely replace the GPS, better paint job, restyle windows for visibility, more attention to poor electronics, better transmission, more comfortable seats

Nice car but that darned sun roof
By Bug-Man

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Other than problems with the sunroof its a great car, 36 mpg on the interstate, plenty of room and a huge trunk, smooth ride, handles great..

36 mpg's, smooth ride

Sunroof rattles and leaks more than it should for the price, dealer can't seem to fix it.

My First Toyota--What a Rush!
By Scott_in_CA

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 decades of Chrysler products that have great engines but rotting interior and exteriors I have decided to take the plunge...in the 3 weeks I have owned it I love it!!! Great comfort...awesome gas mileage and classy exterior looks.

Luxurious interior, audio system, screen display.

7 speed transmission.

Great Car
By Funeral Director

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car, navigation is a pain with the little wheel, should be touch screen. Metal is a little cheap got stuck in snow went to push on trunk by Toyota name and trunk bent in tow spots was $100 to get dents taken out. Got nitrogen in tires and during summer I average about 42.5 mpg on highway. Exterior does scratch at the slightest touch. Trunk was scratched by a box touching the trunk.

Voice activated navigation. The ride of the car, feels as if you are riding on air.

Get touch screen navigation, cooled seats should be standard on XLS model, and you should be able to order XLS without sunroof, I hate it and never use it, cuts down on head room as I'm 6'6, could do without such a big console next to your legs would be better if it was open and could be used as seat.

Uncomfortable seats
By acheback

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Both my husband and I are having a terrible time with the seats. We both get terrible backaches. I have been to the chiro twice, husband once. We love the car, but can't stand the pain.