Used 2008 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

On my short list
By Al Grigsby

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed a vehicle that could hold 4 sets of golf clubs and bags with seating for the four golfers. This car handiled it with much better mpg than any SUV.

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS
By Tim Phillips

Still a Great dependable car

Great Car Except Float Handling
By rfcn2

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I went shopping in 2008 I really wanted a Caddy CTS or an Acura RL.
CTS could not be ordered with blue tooth for phone or laser cruise control.
CTS by far drove the best.
My Dad passed away about this time and left me a 2001 Avalon.
It was a basic one but was very comfortable and got great MPG.
So as almost an afterthought I went to Toyota dealer.
They had the features I wanted and the car was 15 grand less than Acura.

I really planned to hate the Toyota.
I now think it is one of the best cars I have owned.
Still is floaty and poor on curvy roads.
Still overpowers the front wheels if too much gas is given.
A great value IMHO.
Amazing MPG for something this fast.

Amazing gas mileage for a fast car. Very good seats, very adjustable, heated and cooled. Fast. Very comfortable for long distance driving. Very very smooth ride. Reliable except for high beams. Excellent transmission. Efficient power train. Rear windows go all the way down. Huge back seat. Big trunk.

The 2008 is a geazer-mobile. Get the float out of this thing. I know Toyota knows how to make good handling cars. This thing is absolutely the least fun car to drive in the mountains I have ever been behind the wheel of. Lots of power. This thing needs all wheel drive or at least positraction on the front wheels. You way overpower this thing if you stab the gas. The ipod needs to be controlled. I have given up on ipods and now playing my CDs again. Too much trouble and distracting to use ipod. Where is the sat radio??? Cheap cars get them and this one did not. Overall a really great reliable good gas miles car. Likely one of the best cars you can buy at any price.

Amazing Car to Drive!
By kcoughlan

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this Avalon from family member, 79000 miles. Upon inspection my mechanic could not believe the condition of the vehicle for the amount of mileage. The quality and craftsmanship of this vehicle is the best that I have ever experienced. Whether around town (18 mpg) or on the highway (28 mpg), the performance of this car is outstanding. All the buttons and bells , except for on board navigation which I substitute with my own gps system. Incredible stereo system. Can not believe that this is a 2008.

Acceleration and handling on the highway. Quiet level drive at 75mph (Maine). Rear seat is more than adequate for my 3 preteen children. Tons of leg room.

Heated seats should now be standard equipment . Was able to purchase after market seat heaters at a very reasonable price.

Love it!
By ksgirl1

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in 2/11. It now has 101,000mi on it. I have it serviced at Toyota and it always checks out fine. So far I have been nothing but pleased. I have put 22,000 miles on it and have taken it on several long 2 day road trips. It is very comfortable. I have two small children and the backseat has tons of space for both of them and all of their stuff. Love the reclining back seats and built in sunshade. Trunk is huge. I have all the bells and whistles and love the navigation, built in Bluetooth etc. We just recently replaced the battery, other than that no issues. Would highly recommend.