Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Satisfaction with Avalon
By Harold Cofer

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a Lexus GS 300, then looked at an Avalon Ltd. and decides to buy the Avalon. Almost the same car except, I think there is actually more leg room in the rear of the Avalon. The only thing that I dislike is the console shift. I think there would be more leg room with a column shift. The memory seats really need 2 positions plus exit, similiar to GM vehicles. I drove GM vehicles for the previous 35 years.

Heating and COOLED seats. Fantastic! Good performance. Good handling. I wish I had ordered GPS option.

As stated above, memory seats with 2 positions plus exit. Heated and cooled rear seats with controls in the rear. Electrically operated steering wheel position.

ALMOST A PERFECT 10!!!
By ABerk

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the XL model since Aug. '07 and have about 6500K ultra-enjoyable miles on it. I've had two Beemers and an Infinity, also enjoyed them very much, but the Avalon is special in that it's smooth, quiet, fairly ecnomical on gas, considering its size. I use regular octane -- also Plus and Premium at times. I also have found the cloth/velour seats to be very practical -- warm on cold days, cool on hot ones. Transmission-wise, it just knows when to shift for you -- it's really a symbiotic relationship between car and driver, to use that analogy. The driver's seat needs more back support, though. So, I'll rate this car as a 9-1/2 -- ALMOST PERFECT -- but then again, nothing's perfect

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited
By Marvh

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, hate having Toyota as my mom. The limitation of the navigation system are stupid. Having to acknowledge "I accept" everytime you start the car is ridiculous. But even more annoying is that your passengers cannot program the nav system while the car is in motion. Driving down the road with my wife we decide we want to get something to eat. Toyota makes you pull to the side of the freeway and stop (endangering life and property) and then do your navigation. By the time you work this out you can drive through most towns and find a place to eat without the navigation system. The lack of an aux input for the stereo system in this day and age is just plain dumb.

Dump the "I acknowledge screen" everytime the car is started. Add an aux/MP3 jack to the system. Allow navigation while moving.

Reliable Car
By Howard Rose

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Avalon out of my last 5 cars. Needless to say, I have been happy overall. I had an 1997, 2001, 2004 and now the 07. Car has a lot more power than any previously. Very roomy for back seat passengers.

Pickup on hitting the gas, roomy, nice styling. Quiet and comfortable ride.

Get rid of that stupid tape player and use that for storage space. Need more storage place and put back the change holder in the center console. Better placement of the 2 extra plug ins for phone and portable GPS. Poor visability when backing up.

Best 4 Door Sedan on the road!
By Madi

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2006 Avalon and was hit head on by a pickup truck. Survived because of the air bags, seat belts and the front crush panels engineered into the car. Replaced the Avalon with a new 2007 Avalon. Shifts smoother, rides like a dream, and has even better milage than the 2006. I get 30/31 mpg on the road and 23/24 in town and for a full sized sedan that is amazing.

Love the air and heat built into the seats.