Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

steaming pile
By Mike

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most disappointing car I've ever owned. Although it's comfortable, quiet, roomy and has a great stereo, it's had 3 recalls. Other than the notorious gas pedal problem, it also has a recall on a defective oil supply line going to the valves. If this bursts like mine did you may very well destroy your engine and the only warning you will get is the sound of your engine seizing up! The transmission is jerky but no recall for that yet. If you already own one of these cars, call your dealer NOW and tell them you want the oil supply line replaced at once (for free) or you'll be very sorry. They will not warn you about this problem ahead of time by sending you a letter so call today.

Fuel economy, exterior appearance, stereo.

Dashboard doesn't line up with driver door panel. Address quality issues.

2007 Avalon XLS
By BL

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Avalon (first was a '98 XLS) and have been disappointed in quality. AC hose clogged at 35k miles, soaked & ruined the carpeting; oil line broke (28k miles) and I lost all engine oil on the road. Added oil to limp into the dealership. Engine noise (ticking exhaust) makes it sound like an old Chevy. Paint quality is average. I want my '98 Avalon back!

Looks nice, ride is smooth, MPG is great, and interior is roomy.

MP3 input; folding side mirrors; better paint quality.

A few things stink
By fishavenue

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The gps system is effectively inoperative. You can't get the enter key to hit a letter or other item with any sort of reliability. Entering a street name could take twenty minutes. The dealer here in Newark De, said that this is typical and fixing would cost a small fortune. So I use a $150 garmin. Pathetic, don't you think? I have about 50k miles on the car. Also, the seat heaters stay on all the time, so I had to disconnect the fuses, so I lost that function. I am a little disappointed in the car for these reasons. Other than that, it has a beautiful ride with excellent mileage. My next car will not be an Avalon - I may go to a Buick or a Lexus.

Keyless thingy is wonderful, just wonderful. Must have on all future cars.

Bluetooth and a much better nav system integrated with bluetooth. Also, input for ipod would be nice.

POV from a minivan mom
By hdd

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I previously owned a Nissan Quest, so the transition to a car was tough. But the handling and styling on this car made up for the loss of space. I'm surprised more people don't spend the extra money and upgrade from the Camry to the Avalon. It looks like a Lexus!

Exterior styling, access to trunk from backseat, roomy backseat and leg space in rear, huge trunk, pretty trim panel faux wood (gray).

Put the charger where it is more accessible. And what's up with the cassette player? Who uses that? They could have used that space for something better.

Best car yet
By BoB from SC

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I am 6' 6" and 320 lb's and find it very comfortable. I took a trip out to the west coast and doing 80 mph I was getting 34 mpg. The engine is quiet and smooth, transmission shifts just fine, maybe I'm lucky but I never needed any kind of service except for oil and filters. Its a great car, and I'm just waiting for the new model year to get another one. I now have 39000 miles.

great mileage, comfort, and ride

can the cassette deck, need mp3 jack, body side mouldings