Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Avalon let down
By CJB

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of this car were all that remains after less than a year 6 problems in the first year. Rain leaks, water from washer fluid leaks, tire sensors bad, no start twice, and a very strange shift pattern unless I drive like my grand mom. No fun car. Looks good but I expected more. Next time it is the Acura. Either I got a bad apple or the Toyota name is not all what is is hyped up to be.

Roomy and stylish interior.

Great, no, fantastic car for the money
By Roy

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is all about refinement and silky performance. Fit and finish is outstanding as is ride comfort and quietness. To think I have a car which will get to 60 in under 7 secs, get mid 20's mileage in all round driving, and near 30mpg on the highway, all on regular gas is truly remarkable. Stereo and adaptive cruise control are great but I am disappointed that the memory seat feature doesn't adjust the steering wheel and main rear view mirror like cars in this price range should. Here in North Florida I recommend the extra window tint and the optional rear window screen.I haven't ridden in that fabulous rear seat but my guests have commented that the comfort rivals limos they've ridden.

Love the silky feel of everything starting with the steering wheel. The car will really move out when asked to but is deceptively quiet. Best of all is that feeling of comfort when effortlessly cruising down the highway at 70 with the stereo on. This one will be a keeper for a long time.

Nav system has irksome "I agree" disclaimer before it will display. This has to go. I have a tall sitting height and would have liked to have had the extra headroom instead of a sunroof; not possible on a Limited. The stereo has no tape capability with a nav system installed. Needs side protection.

2nd Avalon
By mark

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 2nd Avalon owned, previous was a 2005 xls. The 2007 has improved the transmission problems that the 2005 had with downshifting. Transmission on the 2007 is smooth, much more refined. Also, the std features on the limited are worth the $, keyless entry, ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers, dynamic cruisr ctrl., etc. The nav. system is ok, rest of the screen displays are great, easy to use read, no glare on the screen.

Key fob for keyless entry, smooth acceleration, great on the highway, tight turning radius, doors open wide w/interval stops. Excellent gas mileage for a large car w/ regular gas.

body side molding std., bluetooth. With a few refinements the Avalon is very comparable to the Acura, Infiniti lines.

Not the same car
By TEACHER

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 Avalon XL in on a 2007 XLS. I wish I had the 2002 back. It was much quieter and had more stability. The 2007 engine is noisy and often clatters like a diesel. Dealership says that is normal?? I just hope that it does not finally fail while I am on a long trip 2000 miles from home. I enjoy driving the car but would feel much more at ease if the engine were not so noisy and the transmission shifted smoother. The rear vision from the car when backing is also very limited. Knowing where the rear of the car is questionable. I like the interior and the entertainment system. Paint also chips very easy. Dealer blamed it on the EPA.

Roomy interior, 6 CD player and yes the cassette player. I listen to a lot of audio books. Over all I like the car but am disappointed with the very noisy engine and jerky transmission.

Find out why the engine is so noisy and smooth out the transmission. Reduce the blind spots in rear. Use paint that does not chip so easily.

AvaRoooom
By Carlos

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a cool car. Traded a Dodge Ram Laramie 4X4 Quad cab for it. Didn't lose much on interior room, doubled my gas milage. Used to jump in my wifes SAAB 9-3 convertible every chance I had before. Not anymore. I like this big, powerful, roomy car. Thus the AvaRooom... roomy and vrooom!!! Lots of compliments on the desert sand mica color scheme. By the way, I did test drive a Lexus ES350. Using the extra money for my kids college tuition. Maintenance is very inexpensive as well. For the most part change oil and rotate tires every 5K miles.

Hidden radio controls on dash and voice activated controls for Navigation and sound system. Lots of room.

Takes a little while to get the seat position just right, but ok once you do.