Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 373 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great Car!
By Brian Con

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it new based on the value for the money, safety and comfort. Did not order the nav or the laser cruise control which appears to be a smart move. White metallic paint with the light grey leather looks great. Add the factory mudflaps which will keep the sides of the car clean. No repairs of any kind until the recent rash of recalls. Transmission can seem "funky" once in a while? I believe that the Touring model has a less "soft" ride for more spirited driving dynamics but I did not like the black interior. Great road car! 4k mile drive out west and got +30 mpg at 80+++ all day long. We are in our 40's not 70's and we enjoy the car very much. We are keeping the car long-term.

Heated & cooled seats. Economy-we get great mpg. Safe feel of the car, lots of airbags. Sound system is amazing! Our car is very quiet. The auto locks and push button start are nice features. Comfortable ride and seats with lots of adjustments. Vehicle stability control in the winter is great!

Mute button on the wheel! Better placement of the power outlet. A slightly firmer ride on the non- Touring models. More durable paint-to many stone chips on the front. #1-get the "Passenger Airbag light" to turn off on the dash when the seat is occupied! A hand brake instead of a foot brake.

Oil leak...Just happened
By avalon girl

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got ready to drive away from driveway and looked back to see all the oil drained out of my car. It's Sunday and will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the dealership will do for me. Out of warranty and hope the recall will cover repair. Wish me luck!

Looks, comfort, ride, power

Fix navigation so it can be used by passenger while being driven.

Outstanding for the money.
By Bill DiGrezio

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has beat every luxury car I have owned---BMW-Jaguar-Cadillac. It beats all in quality and comfort. Style could be a bit better but for the money the car is super. It is priced at a much lower price that the Lexus but has all the features of the top of the line Lexus. Highly recommend unless you are willing to spend $15-20K more for upgraded style.

Comfort-room inside in front and back-luxury features for the price.

Styling could be a bit more up-dated

I'm surprised everyone doesn't own one
By g-force

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avalon is amazing. Where else can you get a full size luxury sedan, with V6 280 ponies, yet gets 31 MPG? No where else but Avalon. It's like riding around in your living room while sitting in your favorite recliner. Only thing missing is the 58-inch plasma. JBL stereo pumps, top of dash layout is a throwback of the 1970's (which I personally love), yet console is very modern/elegant. Car lifts up, takes off, as quiet as a sleeping baby. Buttons nicely placed, awesome visibility, adequate handling, elegant front/rear design. This car will never annoy you, and you'll arrive calm and relaxed. Avalon makes daily work commuting one of the highlights of my day. Alot of car for $30K, unmatched.

Engine power, ride refinement, seat and arm rest comforts, external design, interior design, gas mileage, stereo, tremendous value for the money, Toyota quality.

Braking is a bit soft and lazy, handling could be improved.

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring
By PATRICIA FLOWERS

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my 2006 Toyota Avalon in 2005, it was ok for about 2 years. When driving sometime my steering wheel would adjust it self to its lowest level with out me doing anything for it to happen which is not safe, I took it back to the dealer and they said they didn't see anything wrong with it and as of today it still dose it,it seems to be something with the steering level on the steering wheel. About a year ago I also had and oil leak up under my car and this year my alternator went out on me in the middle of the Dan Ryan Express Way, a scary situation and I had my ten year old grand daughter in the car with me.

need to be more sound proof, too noisy it's like driving with my windows down