Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 374 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Disappointed with Steering Problem
By Disappointed in MD

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in early 2006. I now have 60,000 miles and I am experiencing problems with my steering. I have taken it back to the dealership several times for the steering sticking when turning left but they informed me that they can not find anything wrong. I am very disappointed with Toyota and see that many others are experiencing the same problem. My hope is that I will not experience the same problem that others are experiencing with the oil leak. Unless Toyota steps up and own up to fixing the legitimate repairs, I will never buy another Toyota. I am currently getting the runaround. Even though I have the extended warranty, Toyota is trying to get around fixing my problem.

Smooth ride, good gas mileage, roomy interior and trunk

More user friendly navigation system. Better paint -- paint chips easily,

Great Car!
By Brian Con

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it new based on the value for the money, safety and comfort. Did not order the nav or the laser cruise control which appears to be a smart move. White metallic paint with the light grey leather looks great. Add the factory mudflaps which will keep the sides of the car clean. No repairs of any kind until the recent rash of recalls. Transmission can seem "funky" once in a while? I believe that the Touring model has a less "soft" ride for more spirited driving dynamics but I did not like the black interior. Great road car! 4k mile drive out west and got +30 mpg at 80+++ all day long. We are in our 40's not 70's and we enjoy the car very much. We are keeping the car long-term.

Heated & cooled seats. Economy-we get great mpg. Safe feel of the car, lots of airbags. Sound system is amazing! Our car is very quiet. The auto locks and push button start are nice features. Comfortable ride and seats with lots of adjustments. Vehicle stability control in the winter is great!

Mute button on the wheel! Better placement of the power outlet. A slightly firmer ride on the non- Touring models. More durable paint-to many stone chips on the front. #1-get the "Passenger Airbag light" to turn off on the dash when the seat is occupied! A hand brake instead of a foot brake.

Oil leak...Just happened
By avalon girl

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got ready to drive away from driveway and looked back to see all the oil drained out of my car. It's Sunday and will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the dealership will do for me. Out of warranty and hope the recall will cover repair. Wish me luck!

Looks, comfort, ride, power

Fix navigation so it can be used by passenger while being driven.

Outstanding for the money.
By Bill DiGrezio

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has beat every luxury car I have owned---BMW-Jaguar-Cadillac. It beats all in quality and comfort. Style could be a bit better but for the money the car is super. It is priced at a much lower price that the Lexus but has all the features of the top of the line Lexus. Highly recommend unless you are willing to spend $15-20K more for upgraded style.

Comfort-room inside in front and back-luxury features for the price.

Styling could be a bit more up-dated

I'm surprised everyone doesn't own one
By g-force

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avalon is amazing. Where else can you get a full size luxury sedan, with V6 280 ponies, yet gets 31 MPG? No where else but Avalon. It's like riding around in your living room while sitting in your favorite recliner. Only thing missing is the 58-inch plasma. JBL stereo pumps, top of dash layout is a throwback of the 1970's (which I personally love), yet console is very modern/elegant. Car lifts up, takes off, as quiet as a sleeping baby. Buttons nicely placed, awesome visibility, adequate handling, elegant front/rear design. This car will never annoy you, and you'll arrive calm and relaxed. Avalon makes daily work commuting one of the highlights of my day. Alot of car for $30K, unmatched.

Engine power, ride refinement, seat and arm rest comforts, external design, interior design, gas mileage, stereo, tremendous value for the money, Toyota quality.

Braking is a bit soft and lazy, handling could be improved.