Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 373 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Totally pleased with my Avalon
By L.A. Driver

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car! It is solidly built and stylish in design. It provides a smooth, peppy drive and agile steering. It is comfortable for both the driver and the passengers. The interior is plush and the back seat is so roomy. The reclining rear seats are a special touch of comfort. The JBL sound system is excellent and I thoroughly enjoy the "surround sound" feature. I am totally pleased with my new Avalon.

Avalon is a Lexus in Toyota clothing!!
By Richard DiMario

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Avalon XLS is a Lexus with a Toyota name. It is a smooth riding, comfortable, quiet, incredibly roomy car with an extremely luxurious interior design and a manageable price tag. It features the same engine as the new Lexus ES 350, a more interesting exterior design and a more spacious interior design. If you want a great luxury car and don't want to show off too much -- this is the one.

Exterior design, spacious and lush interior design, rear reclining seats, quiet and powerful engine, good fuel economy and great dash design.

My Avalon
By delaina

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a Camry to an Avalon and with two kids and husband there is plenty of room for all of us. When driving this car there is little or no road noise. I love it.

no road noise.

I miss my ash tray next to the drivers door to put my spare change in. I also miss the extra storage in the console. My Camry had two storage spaces in one location.

A few thoughts
By biguy

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't understand why the side view mirrors are so large & they don't fold.The car comes with without body side mouldings for protection. Why do they have very large key fobs rather than build into keys like Honda does. I understand that the engine does not have a spin off oil filter like all the other cars I have ever owned and Toyota really don't want you to do your own service on the car. On exterior styling the side view is fine, but the front grill area could be better looking, and the is just o.k. On the plus side, I wanted the feel and the ride of a German car without all the problems, so I purchased the Touring model Toyota Avalon. So far, so good.............

Enjoy the Avalon for the price
By Jerry Gonzalez

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Avalon and I think I bought the best car for the price. It could be quieter at higher speeds. However, between 0 to 70MPH it performs as good as any car. The gas mileage is very good and you don't have to buy premium gasoline. The back seat is roomier than you might expect from a Toyota.

Stereo system and acceleration and quiet ride between 30 MPH and 60MPH. Gas mileage on regular gas.

This car appears to attract door dings. Need to have or invent something to protect it from other careless drivers.