Used 2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 285 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Comfort with goodies
By Kydna

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. Ordered from scratch. Car now has 82,000 miles and for a 13 year old car has preformed well. Paint was never the best but is still holding it's own for the most part. Car rides well and with the exception of the laser cruise needing to be re-aligned all options still function perfectly. Other than general day to day care........tires, battery belt; the car has been of excellent quality.

Best car I've ever had
By Misty Wiley

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car with 160,000 miles on it ,we have drove it over 100,000 miles with no repairs no problems whatsoever. I would buy this car again!

Best car I've ever driven.
By Jeff

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car out of an impulse buy, simply because it is the greatest car I have ever driven. My 2005 toyota avalon limited, which by the way has 190000 miles, drives like it is brand new. No shakes like what everybody says, no acceleration problems by any means, I enjoy racing it and a newer Hellcat put up a pretty good chance with my avalon. The air conditioned seats are great during the summertime, and the air is insane! The gas mileage, especially the way I drive is great, I'm averaging 20.4 mpg city and 29 mpg highway, with it being 11 years old, and almost 200k miles! Definitely sticking with Toyota after this amazing vehicle!

Great car
By William McKenna

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Luxury car at a very good price.

Great bells and whistles but with dangerous flaw
By Edwin S.

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car except for one feature which in my opinion makes it the most dangerous car I've ever driven. When decelerating to make a left turn across a road way the transmission will often shift into neutral and just when you think its safe to accelerate slightly to cross over to your left turn the car wont move, the engine will race in neutral and then suddenly shift into low gear and the car takes off like a rocket almost colliding with the oncoming car that ordinarily you had plenty of time to avoid. Bringing this to the attention of the regional service manager was useless, he just said buy next years model and this will have been fixed.