Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

great car, stiff ride
By TIM from akron ohio

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second avalon i have owned. the first one was a 2001 and it was the xl model. The one i own now is a 2004 and it is the xls with bucked seats. Ride quality on the 2004 is poor and very disappointing for such a large car. I am going to upgrade to the ls 430 lexus soon. Dependability has been excellent on both cars. the 2004 is so good on gas i have to show people that i am getting 26 combined mpg on the dash. I do run premium fuel and if i run regular it drops to about 22mpg

Wonderful
By Ann

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I've owned---and I've owned a lot of cars over many years. Reliable--safe and rides like a dream.

Avalon 2004
By Antonio Gonzales

Very reliable car

The Japanese Buick
By Ron Stephenson

2004 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Here is one of the best, most reliable cars on the market. Now 11years old, and no problems whatsoever. Quiet on the road, great mileage for a larger car and smooth handling, good brakes, great heat and cooling. Get in, drive all you want and get out rested. Once in the car, your passengers are impressed with the quality of materials and how quiet it is. Smooth ride, and lots of legroom in back. Could use larger cup holders, but the two will accommodate normal sized cups. I was so impressed with my wife's identical car that I decided to dump my Infinity M-35 and get one for myself. A low-mileage one came up at the
Toyota dealer, with new tires on a 42,000 mile example. If you need a somewhat larger car with a decent v-6 engine that gets good gas mileage and great comfort for trips, this is your car.

Best kept secret ever
By avylvr

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.

I love the fact of how roomy and luxurious the inside is. It has a receptacle in the back to actually plug things in! The auto a/c function is great, it adjusts the fan speeds based upon temp inside the car. The rain sensing wipers are great especially for a sudden shower and my hands are full while driving in heavy traffic.

I would like an aux jack or USB port but then I realize the car is ten years old and not many cars if any had those back in 2004 so I've gotten over it.