Used 2003 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

The Best Car Out There!! Period
By ERazor

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I buy them used and I replaced my 1995 Avalon with a 2003 Avalon. I will replace this one with another. If it ever wears out that is. They are the best cars that I have ever owned.

I really like the NORMAL/PERFORMANCE trans program button and of course 25-32 MPG IS GREAT TOO!!

I would like just a little wider stance.

A Lexus without the price tag.
By jrw225

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Avalon has been the best car I have ever owned. I have had it more than a year now and bought it used but still have had no problems. It is smooth, luxurious, and every day I drive it I find myself surprised by one of the Avalon's many features. Someone put great thought into designing this car from the automatic wipers to the 110 power plug this car is perfect. I get 21 mpg on average but it is worth the extra $2 a week to drive such a fantastic piece of machinery. I'm 26 and thought this car was an 'old man car' but after driving it I will not drive anything else. Thanks Toyota!

automatic wipers, digital dual-zone climate control, 110 power plug, information center, automatic windows/sunroof, traction control, seat memory, sweet JBL stereo

aux plug for IPod

Great investment
By thomas hoehn

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Over 100,000 and runs great, over 80,000 on the Michelin tires. Starts up every time. Great ride and lots of room in trunk and interior easy to maintain without nickle and dimeing you to death.

Very generous on storage and room interior with head space.

Battery-no indication when battery needs replacement 4 year life not good.

60,000 miles later
By kmmowe

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No problems in 5 years/60,000 miles except warranty issue on the horn assembly (horn would go off intermittently). Dealer replaced air bag assembly in steering wheel and that solved the problem. OEM battery lasted 3 years

Interior room and highway ride are unbelievable. As good or better than any Lexus, Mercedes, BMW I have ridden in

OEM tires were terrible - only 27,00 miles out of them. Replacement Michelins were not any better. No brake work after 60,000 miles!

2003 Toyota Avalon
By BLH

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Exceptionally comfortable and functionally includes everything, but lacks excitement. Still gets great gas milage.

Comfy heated seats & 6-disc changer

Plain vanilia design, needs a smoother more energized look.