Used 2001 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

2001 Toyota Avalon XLS
By Louis Schmidt

2001 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Toyota Avalon handles very well on the road. the leather interior is easy to clean & maintain. The engine is very clean & well maintained and performance is as good as the day I purchased it. Highway mileage is 30.5 mpg.

AM/FM Radio/6 disk CD player, Leather interior, road handling is easy and comfort of the bucket seats.

Warning signals for low fuel and low tire pressure would be nice.

Quality car
By Toyota Avalon xl

2001 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a quality large sedan, this Avalon is your car! This one has a bench seat which gives you more front seat room; wish they were still made with bench seats. I will hang onto this one because is has one, instead of purchasing a new one. I have had no mechanical problems at all. The car drives very smooth and has great pick up. The love the back end look, the exterior front is kind of boring.

The front adjustable power split bench seat and the arm rest! A great feature is the dual visors, one for the side and one for the front window.

Better body style, more modern.

Sole owner
By Matt

2001 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been virtually trouble free. There appears to be a little too much wear and tear on tires which might be the driver as well as wear demand on brakes. Comfort is incredible with no back aches after hours of driving, realiability the best of any car I ever owned. Very roomy, quiet, and resists road and external noise. Danger of falling asleep at the wheel it is so smooth. VSC has not been an annoyance but a pleasant surprise. Sunroof adds much to enjoyment of drive. Speakers and sound very excellent and I am a very discriminant listener. Compares to Lexus model as same car but much less $.

Comfort, heated seats and sunroof, large well lit displays, spacious

Visibility of gauges from driver position. Addition of stereo and display controls on steering wheel would be more functional.

My Avalon
By Lezahm

2001 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For my retiree life, I have enjoyed the economy of my Avalon. Trunk is very roomy. Would like an American seat. Needs more room in front than back. Dials need to be in front of steering for time, mileage, etc. Toyota should not scrimp on good tires on a new model, as their brand had to be replaced in 15,000 miles, when the manufacturer warranted (with fine print) 30,000. I bought a different brand and paid full price for Michelin which I asked for when purchased but they would not give to me; therefore I had to take their tires if I wanted the car. I did not like that. I got no consideration unless I replaced the shabby tires that came on it from that company.

Will go when I want to go. Size of trunk. Clean lines, with sufficient head room. I have very low mileage compared to average driver and keep it serviced.

Put mileage dial in larger letters near the steering heel It is too far away. Close hole between seats in front, as items fall through to rear floor. Engineer it so viewing oncoming traffic from the right when another passenger is in front seat, so driver can look to right and see what is coming.

Fantastic Avalon XLS
By Mark

2001 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic Car, tight as the day I bought it. Great gas mileage, quiet, comfortable, reliable. I am looking into buying a new Avalon and giving this to my son. I have had no problems other than new tires, brakes and normal oil changes. Toyota quality at its best. I bought an 03 Highlander based on my experience with this Avalon. Can't think of a better car for the money. If you are looking for a reliable car with no worries I highly recommend an Avalon. My friends comment on how well it rides, how quiet and comfortable it is on long trips. I will have this car in the family for years.

Quiet comfortable ride, great sound system in the JBL. Nice fuel economy and drivability

On the steering wheel cruise control, the switches should be illuminated.