Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great Car
By Kai

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car for 2 days and I'm very satisfied with it. The leather seats are outstanding and the ride is just comfortable. I've had a 1997 camry for a year and it does not ride nearly as well. The camry has lots of body roll and the Avalon does not (It has a firmer suspension).

Dual-zone Automatic Climate Control, automatic headlights on/off, garage door opener.

Not that the acceleration is bad but it would be nice if they had offer a better V6 from 2000-2004. Now the 2005-2006 models have the 3.5L engines.

Car with character
By B Hammer

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Runs well, sharp design and comfortable ride. This car is reliable, strong and a pleasure to own. best car I've ever owned. It's a winner!

Should come with rain guards standard.

Vehicle performance and comfort
By Edwin G Westman

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Since I purchased this vehicle back in Nov 99, I have never had a serious problem with the vehicle. I service it according to the manufacturers book, not the dealers. Vehicle runs smooth and quiet. Seat comfort is great. Have a small back problem and my previous vehicles always gave me a problem; however, the Avalon, no problem. On the exterior design I gave it a 7 because I do not like the exhaust system hanging low on the vehicle. I notice this on a lot of Toyotas. Other than that, I love the vehicle.

Seat comfort, Dash and overall interior display is excellent. Quiet engine. Good speaker system.

Bring exhaust system (tail pipe, etc) up higher on vehicle if possible. Glue of some sort seems to run down the front driver's/passenger door. Very little; however, I notice this also on another Avalon.

suspension
By donna

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost three months and have had problems with the suspension. So long as I am driving on smooth pavement, it is wonderful. On bumpy roads I feel like I'm rocking and rolling. The main complaint is that they say it is a five passenger car so long as the passengers don't weigh more than a pound. With Passengers in the back seat the car bottoms out, scraping the road when going over any bumps. Sadle enough,Toyota says this is "normal". I didn't know it was normal to drag the road in such an expensive car. Doing my research, I've come to realize that the Avalon has this problem and Toyota refuses to address it.They have compromised on the suspension.

I love the way the transmission runs and the gas mileage for such a large sedan, the extras in the car as well

they need to accept responsibility for the lack of quality in the type of springs and struts they use on this car. The design of this car doesn't allow for mushy springs. Otherwise call it a two passenger car.

Avalon
By Dan

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

You know how you get the feeling that I bought this car new and after 3 or 4 years, you kind of get the itch to buy a new car; well with this car and it is the fifth new car I have purchased, I have no desire. This is a car I can imaginge driving 15 or 20 years from now and that never happened with the previous four.

Inside comfort (I'm a big guy)! Handling, looks, features.

None except for GPS, which is available with new Avalons.