Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

We've switched to Toyota
By OldsKidd

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Ok, we've officialy gone Toyota since GM dumped Oldsmobile (fools!). My Parents were considering Camry, but I wouldn't allow it as there are just too many. I found them an Avalon a few weeks ago & they instantly fell in love with it (had it home within 2 hours!). It doesn't handle like a big car at all & it's about the same size as the 92 Lincoln Continental that we had years ago. Mom loves the dash display that has the compass, date/time, and fuel economy info. I really like the JBL Sound System & the one-touch sunroof control. Dad's sold on Toyota; said his next car is going to be a Lexus as my younger sister will be well out of college by the time they get another car.

Whisper quiet engine (is it even on?!?), center dash info display, JBL Sound System, safety features (side airbags, stability control), one-touch sunroof control, all the little storage cubbies, the back seat is like a living room and it even has A/C vents back there.

The climate & stereo controls; can they be any morecomlicated?! At least on our Intrigue, the temp control is color coded so you don't have to take you're eyes off the road too long, but this Avalon will take some getting used to with all these buttons. Also wish it had a split- fold rear seat.

Toyota Avalon
By L Harris

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Six years old; still looks and drives like a new car. Smooth riding and no mechanical problems. Comfortable seating for all passengers and lots of trunk room. Beautifully designed and appointed on the inside and out.

Smooth ride; no maintenance nightmares.

Placement of volume control is too close to the steering wheel - can accidentally brush past it and suddenly turn the volume up very loudly

Great Car
By J9

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years, and have zero problems. It is quiet, comfy, and a great ride. The design of every little feature makes so much sense. This was my first car that wasn't a GM. I will buy another Avalon after this one. I couldn't be more pleased. I now understand why Toyota is doing so well. I'm sold!!

Smooth ride, handling in snow, quiet ride. Great comfort for driver and passengers.

Cup holders are not handy.

Excellent choice
By Kisa Lee

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Before the purchase of my Avalon I drove a Nissan Sentra for about 9 1/2 years and loved that car because of the reliability. Now in the Avalon I feel the same but with extras ex. the interior, the comfortable ride, the room as well as the sound system. I am really enjoying the car even though it was used when I purchased it, I feel that I made an excellent choice.

The room, the interior and the trunk space.

I don't think I would change anything

Avalon is the Greatest
By Avalon

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Our 2000 Toyotal Avalon is the best car we have owned. Smooth ride, excellent handling and great pick- up. Solid, safe car for family. Very comfortable seats.

Smooth ride and good handling, hugs the road well

Paint on Toyotas could be improved on and may be better now in 2006