Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Loving it
By Loving it

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Avalon XL new from the dealership. I picked the silver color because it looks clean when it's dirty. The ride is very smooth. The interior is exceptionally quiet within the city, but the wind noise picks up on the highway and interstate. I purchased the 6yr/100,000 mile warranty with the vehicle. Toyota guaranteed if I never used the warranty I would receive a full refund at 100,000 miles. They refunded me a check for $1,187 2yrs ago. The paint still looks like new. The interior is excellent. The Avalon has enormous room. The dash forward design is genius. I've seen the latest model and they made it with more room. This is definitely the flagship of the Toyota brand vehicles.

I like the pop out cup holder in the center console. The trunk has lots of room. My rear passengers have more than enough leg room without the front seat rider having to move forward. The cloth seats are pretty comfortable. Fuel economy is unbelievable for a V6 with this amount of acceleration.

I hope the wind noise is addressed in the newer models.

We've switched to Toyota
By OldsKidd

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Ok, we've officialy gone Toyota since GM dumped Oldsmobile (fools!). My Parents were considering Camry, but I wouldn't allow it as there are just too many. I found them an Avalon a few weeks ago & they instantly fell in love with it (had it home within 2 hours!). It doesn't handle like a big car at all & it's about the same size as the 92 Lincoln Continental that we had years ago. Mom loves the dash display that has the compass, date/time, and fuel economy info. I really like the JBL Sound System & the one-touch sunroof control. Dad's sold on Toyota; said his next car is going to be a Lexus as my younger sister will be well out of college by the time they get another car.

Whisper quiet engine (is it even on?!?), center dash info display, JBL Sound System, safety features (side airbags, stability control), one-touch sunroof control, all the little storage cubbies, the back seat is like a living room and it even has A/C vents back there.

The climate & stereo controls; can they be any morecomlicated?! At least on our Intrigue, the temp control is color coded so you don't have to take you're eyes off the road too long, but this Avalon will take some getting used to with all these buttons. Also wish it had a split- fold rear seat.

Toyota Avalon
By L Harris

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Six years old; still looks and drives like a new car. Smooth riding and no mechanical problems. Comfortable seating for all passengers and lots of trunk room. Beautifully designed and appointed on the inside and out.

Smooth ride; no maintenance nightmares.

Placement of volume control is too close to the steering wheel - can accidentally brush past it and suddenly turn the volume up very loudly

Great Car
By J9

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years, and have zero problems. It is quiet, comfy, and a great ride. The design of every little feature makes so much sense. This was my first car that wasn't a GM. I will buy another Avalon after this one. I couldn't be more pleased. I now understand why Toyota is doing so well. I'm sold!!

Smooth ride, handling in snow, quiet ride. Great comfort for driver and passengers.

Cup holders are not handy.

Excellent choice
By Kisa Lee

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Before the purchase of my Avalon I drove a Nissan Sentra for about 9 1/2 years and loved that car because of the reliability. Now in the Avalon I feel the same but with extras ex. the interior, the comfortable ride, the room as well as the sound system. I am really enjoying the car even though it was used when I purchased it, I feel that I made an excellent choice.

The room, the interior and the trunk space.

I don't think I would change anything