Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

avalon
By simpson

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

This car is comfortable for driver and passenger. Driving position is adjustable to suit a short female or a tall male. It handles well.

Handling ease.

Heated leather seats (present in new models).

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Jonathag

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 5 months now, absolutely love it! Fun to drive, reliable, I step on the gas and the pickup is great, comfortable leather seats, just a joy to drive! I thought I would like the heated seats better than I do, but I don't see what the big deal is really. I drive my car all over the state for my job and it performs flawlessly, unmatched Toyota quality. Mine had around 98k when I bought it but you could tell it had been taken care of. My speaker system is a bit flakey, the rear speaker is blown and two of the front speakers go in and out a lot, other than the speakers the car is great. Buy one and you won't regret it! Mpg is around 29-30 hwy and around 21 or so city.

Comfortable seats, GREAT pickup, good mpg, classy looks, big trunk, alot of storage space, dual climate controls are great.

Don't know why they didn't put the tire pressure monitoring system on this car, I have a 2000 Sienna and it has it on there and the Sienna is no where near as luxurious as the Avvy. Steering wheel mounted controls would have been nice, all of that is on later models though.

Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By DJ

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new. Very roomy interior, especially in back seat. Very comfortable for local and distance driving. Excellent ACTUAL gas mileage: 24-26 mpg city & commuting; 26-32 mpg sustained hwy driving. Only problems in 7.5 yrs was a fuel pump that needed to be replaced after 4 yrs and the in-dash radio/CD player after 5 yrs. Have performed all scheduled maintenance at recommended intervals. Maintenance costs have been low: $725/yr over entire period owned; $900/yr during past 5 yrs, including replacement of timing belt at recommended 90K mileage. Best car I've ever owned. Will buy another this year.

2 personalized settings for both front seats & mirrors. Heated outside mirrors. Heated seats. In-dash 6-disk CD player/radio with multiple, quality speakers. Roomy trunk. Excellent gas mileage. Gas mileage and other trip info displays on front dash.

A better, less expensive in-dash 6- disk CD player. Trip display to include a mpg memory setting that can be reset for an entire trip or tank of gas, not just one that automatically resets each time the engine is starts.

Perfect
By chicagorob

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This car is great. The electronic stability control, traction control and ABS brakes are perfect for driving in the snow. The interior is SOOOO big I get comments all the time.

Everything!

The steering is a little vague.

Loving it
By Loving it

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Avalon XL new from the dealership. I picked the silver color because it looks clean when it's dirty. The ride is very smooth. The interior is exceptionally quiet within the city, but the wind noise picks up on the highway and interstate. I purchased the 6yr/100,000 mile warranty with the vehicle. Toyota guaranteed if I never used the warranty I would receive a full refund at 100,000 miles. They refunded me a check for $1,187 2yrs ago. The paint still looks like new. The interior is excellent. The Avalon has enormous room. The dash forward design is genius. I've seen the latest model and they made it with more room. This is definitely the flagship of the Toyota brand vehicles.

I like the pop out cup holder in the center console. The trunk has lots of room. My rear passengers have more than enough leg room without the front seat rider having to move forward. The cloth seats are pretty comfortable. Fuel economy is unbelievable for a V6 with this amount of acceleration.

I hope the wind noise is addressed in the newer models.