Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

The Mighty Avalon
By cardodger

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my XLS used with 175,000 miles on it.
I was looking for reliability, safety, and a low payment vehicle that could help me while I paid of credit cards.
The car has been reliable, comfortable, and a pleasure to own.
Everyone wants me to do the driving when a group is going somewhere and no-one thinks it has the mileage that it does (200K+ now).
I keep getting the urge to look at other cars that might be more sporty or fun to drive but look at the reviews and issues with other cars and can't think of anything more fun than having had no problems at all with this terrific car.
I would recommend it to anyone who needs to drive - any distance...

reliability, comfort, smooth ride, quality build components both interior and exterior, low maintenance costs, fantastic air conditioning, and feeling coddled with luxury features for less than luxury prices.

none.

Love it or leave it.......can't decide
By katahydem

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 13 years now and still am not tired of it.
I'd like to get something else - different style vehicle but this car is paying me now.
Gas mileage is better than any new car I've looked at and can still trust its reliability.
There have been some problems, sensor issues most often but they've been manageable.
We had some real wheel rust and had it taken care of.
My car looks newer and better than a lot of newer cars out there.

Drive and interior comfort as well as reliability.

They don't make them like this anymore.
By ncguy33

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 126000 miles on it.
Now a few miles from 200000,
I hav'nt had to do anything but oil changes to it.
These 2000-2004 model Avalons are the last of the great Toyotas.
The newer Toyotas quality cannot compare.
There's no better used sedan out there, bar none.. from the comfort and the gas mileage to the realiability.

No car payment!

Best car I've ever had!!
By clatterpastor

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon with 92k miles on it. A friend had driven one from his father's car lot and remarked at what great gas mileage he got on a road trip. I drove it and bought it immediately. The road manners are what you would expect for a luxury sedan of this type; not sporty but "safe" feeling. I have driven it on 16-18 hour trips for years and was always comfortable (5'11" 180). Mileage had always been 28-29 hwy. and 20-22 city. We now have 236K on the car and have only done brakes once, timing belt, water pump and seals twice, replaced the sub-woofer and that's all! It has been the most reliable car I have owned and that includes Mercedes, Hondas, Lincoln and Ford. I plan to buy another!

Driving position/ergonomics, stereo (JBL), rear seat and trunk room, economy and value.

Solid car
By jmacgregor87

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I live in the NW and this is my girlfriends car. She has owned it since day 1 of its life and takes good care of it.
Miles; 126K
Pros; Dirves great, good gas milage, stars every time, dependable, and is comfortable for long hauls.
Cons; In the last 2 years things have started to break/fail. She has replaced the key ignition twice for 2 different reasons. Some rattles have started to show up, it is 10 years old. The sub-woffer has a short, we found out it's in the stereo it self.

Driving the car. I drive a Van or Truck most of the time. So not having to worry about parking is a good thing. Gas milage, with gas around $4.00 and getting around 30 on the Freeway is good.