Used 1996 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great car
By kevin nguyen

1996 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I love this car now i have 200,500 miles on it and still run like charm . thanks Toyota

nice and great car

no complaints

Very dependable
By Rasheedb4

1996 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car when it was 120K miles and it is still riding strong at 199K miles. This car is tough and is GREAT on gas, especially for its size.

Very Reliable & comfortable
By love toyota

1996 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car with 143k miles, it's been a great family car. It's never let us down. Car fits 3 upfront if you need too with plenty of room upfront & in the back. Very smooth ride!

reliability

none

Toyota is the Best
By Best, Reliable Car

1996 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought the XLS brand new in 96 when I was single. I've since married and had 2 children and today at 189,000 miles my baby is still kickin. I agree with everyone that the maintenance is about $5,000.00 or less because I've spent around $3,000 so far. What I love the most is the reliability to start in 10-20 degree weather and I've never had a breakdown ever. It's roomy enough for the kids to hop in/out of their booster seats and at 5'2" I can adjust the seat forward or up/down to match my body length. I also love the lumbar that adjust nicely. The only thing I miss is a CD player because it was not that big in 96 but I have a personal CD player that kicks when I connect it to my car stereo.

Seat adjustments Lumbar support Smooth ride Color/body style

I wish the stereo system was a bit more powerful but I hear the ones in the newer models are.

Excelente
By Carqueen

1996 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon this year and it was 13 years old with 186,000 miles already on it... I just love it... I've had some major repairs but they were no more than 3000 bucks... Which is cheap for a car that is that old with such high mileage... I would recommend this car 100%... I just love my Avey... It's roomy... all my "big" friends can fit in it comfortably and that was a huge concern for me because I'm not small myself... this car is just perfect... but it is a toyota...

Roomy, comfortable, good horsepower, cruise control.

Better knock sensors, sound system.