Used 1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

A good faithful car
By Cubsmom

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I love my Avalon. It's roomy inside and has ample trunk space. It would be a good car for a student to have. It's reliable and gets about 23 MPG city. It's certainly not flashy in any way, but mine has some nice features like an electric seat adjuster and a moon roof. It's more responsive than my husband's SUV and it has a nice smooth ride too. So maybe this car isn't a fancy flavor like Rocky Road, It's vanilla, but I can live with that.

Reliability, interior comfort

Overall great car
By Patrick

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 111,000 miles in 2002. Only issue was at 125,000 miles, broken electrical sensor which tells it to shift into O/D. It now has 194,000 (June 2008) and still runs great. The left front cv joint should be replaced soon, but this is common on all FWD cars, right? Rear struts are a little noisy, but the rear tires wear normally. 27mpg average. 24mpg if I really push it. 30mpg for long highway trips at 78-80mph. Power and steering response are great. Several times at high speed, I've swerved to miss objects and never spun out. This car is almost impossible to lose control of, like a C172 for you pilots. Overall excellent buy worth the little extra $ up front.

ECT power button for passing. Extremely excellent handling. Great gas mileage for a powerful luxury sedan.

None.

Great Car!
By DNew

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon at 116K miles and love it. It's extremely quiet on the inside and is nice and smooth. I get great miles from the pump. I sell cars for a living and have seen a lot of them. This is an amazing car for its price. I just got the oil changed and it feels like new. If you want an amazingly reliable car, get this one. Just be sure to keep up with the maintenance and this car will treat you well. I highly recommend getting one tho!

Comfort, reliability, moonroof and overall performance.

Could have better speakers. The tape player and cd changer also rattle a very slight amount.

216,963 and still running!
By Adam

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Great car! Reliable! I bought it with 133,000 miles and with the same engine and everything, it has 216,963 on it. Just keep getting oil changes every 3,000 miles and your set. The transmission didn't have any mess in it when I changed the filters. Perfectly clean!

Interior, moonroof, leather seats, lexus look, roomy, big trunk

The car needs better cup holder. It doesn't hug the turns that tight.

Very reliable at 178,000 miles
By Dave Wallace

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Overall this has been very reliable. Minimal time at the shop. Still runs great at 178,000 miles. It has never left me stranded and still runs great. I've been amazed by the reliability. Still running on original alternator, water pump, and fuel pump. No transmission or engines problems. Most dependable car I've owned.

Reliablity.

Let the driver's seat go back another inch (I'm 6'3").