2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:

Incredible MPG - 2016 Avalon Hybrid.
By Tom Kelly

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought it because it was the last 2016 on the lot and they were giving it away vs the 2017. The fuel economy is actually better than promised. That's a first for me! The car is incredibly comfortable and super easy to park. I came from a Honda Pilot which is a bear to park. I really don't need the back up camera, though it's nice to have. My only issue is that the seats don't fold down. I knew that going in but still don't understand. This isn't rocket science, every other car seems to have folding rear seats.

I love it!
By Deb Park

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ive only owned this a month so repair/reliability data not available. Cars don't impress me...they get you where you're going or they don't. My family is amused... this car has changed me..I totally love this car. It is comfortable.....has some fun bells and whistles..easy too drive.....economical!!!!!! Lots of tech stuff that has been easy to figure out....at least the parts I'm using. Love the interior...beautiful...well put together design. I have never owned a hybrid and I can honestly say I'm sold on hybrids..at least this one. Excellent warranty.

My Fourth Hybrid Toyota - working to perfect
By Tech8079

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unexpected comfort, great power, quiet operation although I would like to add some more acustimat, good fuel economy, wonderful cruise control with radar (millimeter wave speed tracking), great backup camera, one of the few cars with laminated windows all around, big trunk for a hybrid, heated seats for quick comfort in cold weather, and everyone comments on the gorgeous paint.

After one year, we still love the car and comfort features. I drive using the cruise most of the time, staying a bit further back, but enjoying the ride. We fill the tank about half as much as the Tacoma Pick up.

Sleek hybrid
By lI mO

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Sleek hybrid with great styling and terrific instrumentation. Wonderfully comfortable I've been getting 40 mpg.

love my car!
By Sandra Kearney

2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fantastic full sized hybrid. All the bells and whistles.