2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Review: They took all the good Avalon

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid - Consumer Review

XLE Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

They took all the good Avalon out
By scott_k on

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I liked this car at first. But I cannot wait to get out of it now. All the guts are gone, plastic replaced wood, voice commands recognizes very little. My Trek is faster. Reliability it's all it's got.

• Repair frequency

• Acceleration
  • Quality of materials
  • Headlights
  • Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jsaldana
on 02/07/14 19:54 PM (UTC)

My MPG has dropped up to 20% in the winter from 39+ summer to 35 on average this winter. Your MPG may go up later.

By cd7
on 02/08/14 20:53 PM (UTC)

Make sure you are driving in "D" for drive and not in the 4th gear, which is easy to do by mistake. When I first got my car I thought I was in drive, but I was in 4th and was getting close to 30 MPG. When I saw I wasn't in Drive and I corrected this, I now easily get 40+MPG on average!! You'll see on your dash when in "D" and it will also show when EV kicks on. Often even up to 45 miles per hour it will kick into EV mode. Unbelievable! I hope this helps! I am enjoying my Avalon Hybrid Limited!!! : )

By dallasmavs
on 05/22/14 02:02 AM (UTC)

Even I am getting around 35 mph with the new hybrid. I am getting 40mp on freeway but in city short distance is very low close to 30mph. Not sure why.