Used 2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Shell

2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this as my main vehicle and as a backup to our tundra for towing a camper or boat. We camp in the mountains of Wyoming and we were thrilled at how well it towed the camper, and accommodated 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a dog. Handled amazing on the mountain back roads. Great handling in deep snow too. Other than tires, air filters and oil changes I've had no maintenance issues. ...still has original brakes at 103000 miles. Lots of room in cargo area.....if you're a multiple dog owner it's great. Best vehicle I've ever owned, both stylish and utilitarian.

2014 4Runner Premium
By Steven F

2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great all around truck/SUV! Not a performance vehilce.

Happy purhase!
By Leah

2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2014 4Runner SR5 Preimium recently to replace my '97 4Runner (upgrade purchase). Really have enjoyed the new car. We considered the 2016 but found little to no difference in features and driving from the 2014. My car obviously was used but was still under warranty (30k miles). The radio and clock had to be replaced entirely- voice control was poor, and some non functioning buttons on radio, and the clock lagged a bit. But it was under warranty so was free for us. Overall, we have really enjoyed owning it and love the features like steering wheel buttons, heated seats, 8 settings on driver seat, roomy, sunroof, back window slides down, 3rd row seat, 2nd row reclines and sides fwd or bckwd, plug outlet in very back, and more!

It's a beauty!
By William Robert

2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Attention to detail inside and out. The KDSS is awesome and the thing drives like a sedan. The trail edition is packed with every off road gadget you'll ever need for camping trips to the desert or mountains. Love the aggressive styling. I smile every time I drive it.

Good ride quality for truck based SUV.
By Tyler

2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped the 4Runner against a G. Cherokee (unattractive/low quality interior), Pathfinder (superb ride quality but felt too much like a car - CVT transmission also a no-go - google Nissan and CVT and see what I mean), and Explorer (a little bland) and the 4Runner won out for superior styling, fit and finish, and third row seat. I've had it since August of 2014 (~15k mi.) with no significant problems. I did have to have the navigation system program updated by the dealer who performed this service free of charge and promptly. It has ample power (I rarely tow but it is up for the job), decent acceleration and relatively good fuel economy for a SUV. I average just over 18 mpg in largely city/suburb driving but it doesn't go up much on the highway if you have a heavy foot in particular. Mine is two wheel drive but I'd take it anywhere any other 2wd in the class may venture and then some. Good ground clearance (running boards are suggested if for looks if nothing else) and traction control performs well in light off road duty. Sharp truck. I was also sold on safety when my wife pulled across the path of a police dodge charger with push bar and under 2k miles and the impact totaled it but not her 2010 Highlander that were it not for a busted radiator and blown tire probably could have been driven away.