Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

5th Toyota Owned
By JLW1018

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Toyota my wife and I have owned. We were looking for an SUV after owning a Solara convertible and we could not be happier with the 4Runner. Its comfortable, a blast to drive and fairly easy to maneuver. The exterior is awesome and the interior is greatly laid out and easy to use controls. The MPG has been between 19-22.

The power back window is a must for all SUVs. Love the styling of both the interior and exterior.

I have two complaints. I would like to see a little more room in the third row. I would also like to see the Kinetic suspension offered on the SR5!

Best vehicle I ever owned
By adoihcj

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In my lifetime I've owned over 13 vehicles (from Mercury, Ford, GM to VW, Honda, and Subaru), and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. We just hit the 8k mile mark and I enjoy being behind the wheel at all times. Highway driving is fun and off- roading/driving in snow is awesome as well. There's plenty of space for the family (two kids) and ample cargo space for vacations.

Looks (inside and out), interior design and ergonomics, great visibility, smooth shifting, power when you need it, Bluetooth, XM Sat Radio, power sliding rear window, and everything else. Also love that every window (sunroof, rear window, and driver/passenger)are all auto up/down & pinch free.

Screen on radio is hard to see in daytime when wearing sunglasses, or if you need to have the lights on during the day.

Basics Of 4Runner 2010
By Intrepid2010

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading so many reviews (good and bad) let me get you some core basics of this vehicle. It is comfy, power is good, good mpg for the size, and good reliability. If you are looking for a city slicker show off car than better go with a X5. But this is for real heavy duty off roading without the sacrifice of the comfort of city/highway driving. It the best of both worlds.

Height, smooth ride, quiet cabin, easy steering.

Make the seats a little softer, make running boards standard, keep the v8 option open for people who wants it...may be the 5.7 L V8 (400 HP) option can be added.

Love my 4RUNNERS
By Felicia

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd 4RUNNER. I have had the 2003, 2007, and now the 2010 Limited 4RUNNER. I am very satisfied with this one other than the fact that the basics I just knew would be standard are not even available as options. This is the highest 4Runner I've owned, and it has no running boards, go figure, also no wind deflectors available. Love the adjustable, reclining backs, AWESOME! Also very pleased with all the other perks. I'm a Toyota Fan for LIFE!

Adjustable Reclining back seats; various power outlets; large sunroof; exterior look; 20" rims/tire

NO QUESTION, the running boards SHOULD BE STANDARD. Also, could use a little more room on the 3rd row seating. Lastly, the 2007 had the smooth close trunk, this one is very disappointing.

Awesome SUV
By Sean

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my 4runner last week and absolutely love it. I owned a 99 4runner and always regretted getting rid of it. I've owned many SUVs but nothing has compared to the 4runner. If you are tired of all the new "crossovers" (reworked minivans) and want a true SUV then the 4runner is for you. The new exterior is classic and the interior is highly functional and looks great in leather.

Power back window! (Why doesn't every SUV have this? Besides the utility of it, the air flow with it down is great). Rugged look and feel, rear parking sensors, electric outlets and party-mode on the stereo.

Make navigation and DVD player optional on the SR5. I'm not a big fan of the Limited wheels and tires.