Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Extremely Pleased
By Raymond Carver

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I initially planned on purchasing a 2009 4runner, but when I saw the redesigned fifth generation, I was hooked. My father and brother both owned third generation models which performed admirably (my brother's is over 200,000 miles now and has not had any major issued). The most noticeable improvement for me is the 2010's enhanced ride and pure drivability. I felt very confident driving aggressively through Houston traffic on my way back to Louisiana after purchasing the vehicle. Smooth power, precise handling, and a rugged, attractive exterior; a class-act all around.

Redesigned sheet metal Smooth V-6 power Decent gas mileage Third row seat Great interior

18" wheels standard.

Best 4Runner yet
By happy2b

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like this 4Runner, overall. Looks sharp and excellent build quality. Coming from a torquey sport sedan, a more powerful engine is something to be desired. I know it's not a sports car and it's going to take some getting used to. Hopefully it will perform better after the break-in period. It does need better lower end torque. The 4x4 feels heavier than the 4x2. Nice interior and good sounding stereo. The wire antenna has to go; Toyota is moving backwards on this one.

rugged looks, interior space and design, stereo, useful third row seat that fold flat

better low end torque, lose the cheesy exterior wire antenna, standard running boards, standard chrome exhaust tip, locking fuel door, and oh, did I say more POWER/TORQUE?

Not as good as past models.
By NJGirl

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third 4Runner 1996, 2004 and 2010. I think that as time goes by Toyota is not living up to the quality that I am used too. By far the 1996 was the best vehicle. I do not like the doors unlocking on the 2010 as soon as the car is in park. I drive by myself long distance and I hate the fact that the doors automatically open. Also not happy about the running boards. I am 5'2" for crying out loud it is a challenge to get into the vehicle. I won't put anything on the truck unless it is a certified Toyota part. Interior has its problems the head rest doesn't lock into place and that becomes annoying. Oh yeah one more thing the horn on the 2010 is like a horn that belongs on Tercel.

1. Bring back the running boards. 2. Keep the doors from unlocking until the key is out of the ignition. 3. Go back to the horn that was on previous models. A big truck should have a big horn.

Tough, rugged truck
By Duke

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I searched a long time for a vehicle that was right for me. I didn't like most SUVs because they either had poor gas mileage or were too small. I looked at CUVs which seemed more like a minivan alternative than a utility vehicle and not really made to go off road. The 4Runner offers good mileage (I'm getting 20 mpg combined), comfort, technology - voice command, BT, Satellite radio, rear camera, USB, Nav, etc. - so it works well for my daily driving AND is built to tow, haul, go off road - so great for getaways with the family and friends.

Satellite radio, 15 speaker sound system, roll down rear window, reclining back seat, height and size. Off - road and towing capabilities.

My 8 year old could use running boards. Mudflaps would be nice too.

Bastard child
By 4Runner5thGen

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Do you know what you get when you cross the FJ Cruiser and the 4th generation 4Runner? The 5th generation 4Runner. I affectionately call it the "bastard child" regarding its new look. A combination of each. I understand Toyota is discontinuing the FJ and I believe they intentionally designed the new 4Runner to reflect both looks to appeal to both buyers. I just traded my 2004 Sport V8 AWD for this new guy and yes it has a few shortcomings in comparison but I hope I love it in the long run as I have my 04.

Size is now perfect.