Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Decent Car
By Bob Whalen

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to go off road, this vehicle will do decent. It's not nearly as good as a wrangler though. It would be better but no front or middle differentials.

Front and Middle Locking Rear Differentials. Fold-Down Front Windshield. Diesel Option.

Good Car
By Bob Whalen

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is simply unstoppable off road. Mountain Peaks, Trailblazing, Water fording, and anything else off the beaten path the car can do without breaking a sweat.

Off-Road Capability.

Front and Center Locking Rear Differentials. More Rear Space. Leather Option on Trail Versions. Folding Out Windows like in the Wrangler. Diesel.

This is a Toyota?
By Russ Blondeck

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car should definitely revive Toyota's declining reputation for sure. I have never owned a better vehicle. It works simple marvels off road, but its still more then comfortable in the city. It blows my wife's g-class out the water. More comfortable both on the beaten path and off-road. I got it lifted, added a bullbar, kc lights, rear Bush guards, and a snorkel, but it still handles like my previous 3 series. The real shocker is though how good it does water fording. I was driving through a lake once that my-off road club goes in often but I ran into a deep spot that we didnt know about. It completely submerged, with just the snorkel sticking out. It was stuck for over 3 seconds but still drove out!

Off-Road Capability. It simply outclasses anything else in the world and is much better then my previous car (Ford Flex), which could barley go over a speed bump without getting stuck. The only thing I miss is the panorama sunroof. Besides that, this car is flawless. Can't wait for the 2011!

Diesel engine and redesign the interior. Offer heated, cooled, and massaging front+rear seats. Heated steering wheel. Different nav. Front, side, and rear parking sensors. Night vision and adaptive headlights. Refrigerator and heated and cooled cup holders. Power reclining front+rear seats. One-touch Windows

Good Commuter, Off Road, Cruiser
By Leon

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck replaced my '04 Highlander Ltd. I was afraid of the gas mileage, but it's almost a tie (19 mpg avg.) The cabin is very well appointed. The seats are very comfortable. Fit and finish are impeccable. My 4Runner LTD Edition is not wallowing excessively at all, as some reviews indicate. While the ride is not as carlike as crossover's, the good ol’ feel of the body on frame is worth the compromise. On the positive side, it glides over New England's potholes with aplomb without any sign or sound of the suspension destruction. I hope that this truck will be safe, much more durable than my previous, and last longer with little maintenance."

Sound, Electronics, 4 wheel drive on Ltd, Great Looks, Rugged, Smart Cargo Materials, Durable.

Diesel option for power plant, at some point. Lack of manual tranny for enthusiasts. No Running Boards?

A truly American SUV
By extoyota

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 6th 4runner since 1989 and my last. Toyota got its wish, they are now an American car company. Cheapest, poorest example of a 4Runner i have bought. compared to my previous 5 there is no comparison. Go by something else don't waste 40 grand like me

none

drop the price to about 25k as I feel i can buy equal quality for about that money