Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

4runner fan
By Turtle

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously had a 2004 4Runner but wrecked it. Loved it! Went 109,000 miles with only normal maintenance. Never changed a light bulb! Have had the 2010 for about a month. It is very similar to the 2004 with a few minor changes. It is larger which I like. Miss a couple things about the old one compared to the new one.

Stereo system and electrical outlets.

Placement of window controls, locking gas cap, rear wiper shabby, interior scratches easily and do not want doors to unlock when put in park.

Worst Seats
By Ted

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had 2008 Limited V8,4WD sold and bought 2010 Trail with all the options. First, the seats are like bench seats of churches, so hard. Only a few minutes ride, even my friends complained how hard and uncomfortable they were. I bought many cushions to relieve the hardness, but no solutions. I tried to voice out this problem both to dealership and Toyota HQ. After 3 months, customer service of Toyota wrote to me that could not do anything and sorry for dissatisfaction in advance. No wonder Toyota is losing faithful customers like us. We bought 5 Toyotas including Lexus LX470, all new. I will not buy another Toyota ever again. The new V6 is no match for previous V8, with no MPG advantage.

Kinetic 4wd suspension

Totally redesign seats, sluggish auto trans especially from dead stop and slower speed, seems not to be able to find the proper gear. Much poorer engine performance. Bring the V8 back! Customer oriented customer service desperately needed. Poorer(cheaper) parts need to be replaced.

Nice ride
By john

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 5k trouble free miles. As high as 24 mpg on hwy. Tows a 14 ft enclosed trailer ok. Traded a Acura mdx for this so I could tow. Not as plush but 10 grand less. Also had a gx 470 but couldn't stomach the extra 16 grand. Overall it is a decent ride, not like the high ends but for the money it is good. Toyota did go a little cheap on this one. Metal is too thin, plastic scratches too easy, no memory seats. Its obvious they skimped.

tows great for a 6 cylinder. decent all wheel drive. decent mileage.

thicker metal, memory seats, v-8 or diesel options, crappy location for tow hitch plug-in.

Toyota is getting stingy
By Piyux

2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently got a 4Runner Limited but I had the opportunity to review the SR5 in detail as well. The 4Runner is a great SUV, reliable, efficient, safe, and powerful but on the 2010 I was disappointed to know that Toyota no longer puts the cross-bars in the roof, the mudguards are gone and there is no running boards anymore, not even for the Limited Edition. That is unacceptable. The dealer says that during the 2010 summer these accessories will be available but of course you will have to pay $$ for them. Isn't that ridiculous?

Back camera, parking sensors

More colors for Limited Edition, add crossbars, add mudguards, add side running boards.

Love My 4Runner
By quiry527

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my new 2010 4Runner, it drives like a champ. We test drove several SUVs but none came close to the 4Runner. Can't wait to take our first Road Trip.

Satellite Radio,Third Row Seating, & Running Boards my wife is short so the running Boards help.

Sucks way too much gas but I guess that is the price you pay for convenience. Need to make Running Boards come standard.