Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

My Black Pearl
By Black Pearl

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2007 4 Runner (V-8) is getting between 19 and 22 mpg and can still give a coupe a run for the money. I am very very happy with my 4 Runner! And I've owned other SUVs in the past. Other then my 2002 Highlander (I gave to my daughter) this is the best one I've owned yet. I think if you take good proper care of it, you too should get great results. Just my opinion!

I like the MP3 connection, the climete control, rear vents, the sporty look (SE model), the power, mpg I'm getting, the towing and more.

Could use at least one more power outlet in the front area, and have the mist swipe as standard on the windshield wipers.

1 year later
By Nancie

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to wait to write a review until I had my 4Runner a year. I drive appx. 30000 per year so I needed a comfortable vehicle. My only major complaint is the handling in windy conditions. That might be inherent of this type of vehicle, though. If I keep my foot out of it, my gas mileage improves greatly - 24 MPG. Overall, I love the look and performance .

Tire pressure alert, instant gas mileage panel, handling, exterior styling

Tubular running boards look good, but impractical. More versatile cup holders. Power lift gate. Gas door lever is right next to the hood release lever.

Incredible Value
By Chris

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 4Runner and recently crashed it into a telephone pole, then through a large fence (going 40 mph). I walked away with only a small scratch on my finger. The truck was completely destroyed. I was so impressed with the overall performance of the 2004 4Runner, I had to get another one. So far this truck has met and exceeded all of my expectations.

Drive comfort, engine power, exterior appearance.

The look of the a/c knobs are a bit cheesy.

Best SUV Money Can Buy
By G

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best one I have ever owned. I have owned many SUVs. To list a few I have had a 1994 GMC Yukon, 2006 Ford F150, 1997 Toyota 4runner. All around this is the best from the snow to mountain driving. I drive many kilometers per day, average 225 km a day and this is the most fun, comfortable vehicle out there.

Height control, downhill assist control, brake assist, and the V8 engine.

They should improve on the placement of the window switches, Needs navigation for an option at least.

Will have it forever!!!
By luvinlife

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 4runner 4 months ago after looking at and test driving several SUVs. Initially I wanted a Highlander, but the dealership did not have the one I wanted in stock. They convinced me to test drive the 4runner and I was sold as soon as we drove off the lot. We live in the Northwest where there is a lot of snow and hills. This SUV handles extremely well in the snow with the traction control and stablility control. I went from a 1998 Toyota Camry which I loved, but will never go back to another sedan after owning the 4runner. The over the top safety features and the way the vehicle handles make me feel very safe and in control. The only complaint I have is the stock stereo is crap.

Sunroof, backup mirrors, safety features, stability and traction control.

Placement of the window controls, more head room, stock stereo.