Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Northern reliability
By Polar trucker

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is driven north of the 60th parallel. From -50 to +35 it has proven it's worth many times over. Up here our roads are so rough that it seems like your off roading every time you pull out of the driveway. Did I mention that the City of Yellowknife only does snow removal once a winter (7 months long) and never plows on a pro-active basis.

AWD, bright headlights, foglights, V-8 power, smooth transmission, pulling power, interior creature comforts

Make the power window controls more accessible and illuminate them.

Excellent SUV
By WMLA

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more happy with my choice. The 4Runner rides so well. It is so quiet and smooth and "Lexus like." It seems like a luxury SUV. No problems. Best car/SUV I have ever had. No issues, problems or complaints. Engine is very powerful. Maybe, they can make it even more powerful and with even better gas mileage. Here's hoping for miracle technology.

Smooth ride, quiet interior, luxury appointments, everything works!

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5
By CG

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota and 2nd (and last) 4 Runner. The entire cab rattles; including the annoying squeaks in the dashboard; plastic on plastic rubbing. This is the first Toyota I have ever had that had rattles. I have had it 21 months and the rattles started the 6th month. I have a total of 20,000 miles on it. I took it in to the Indianapolis dealership I bought it from and they told me that they were not going to be able to fix all the rattles. Are you kidding me! Next vehicle purchase will be an Acura.

All equipment is fairly easy to get to.

Go back to building a quality vehicle.

Great ride!
By Tnblueyes

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Honda CRV, while it was okay, it rode rough, felt every single bump and crack in the road so I was on a mission to find a more comfortable ride that had enough roof clearance to hold 2 large parrot cages buckled into the back seat and enough space in back for our suitcases and such. I test drove the Mazda suv-rode like the crv did, loved the style of xterra but the ride was lacking also. The 4runner was the best ride! On occasion my dad or our grandson travels with us and the backseat has very limited leg room so can't say I would choose the 4runner if we had a larger family, but for dh & i and our feathered kids, its ideal, after all, parrots don't need leg room!

The smooth ride for an SUV! We get 19-20 mpg in the city & thats not terrible!

Needs another lighter plug-in in the front seat area!! If I am charging my cell phone-can't plug in the ipod or anything else! Could shift the backseats back a couple more inches to give more legroom to backseat passengers.

Great buy-no surprises
By doug

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 SR5 4Runner which I had purchased new. The style, and additional room inside and out makes this a far nicer ride than the 2001. I am averaging 20.1 mpg, with the majority of miles being local. This is better than the old 4Runner, even though there was a boost of 30hp in the V6 engine.This is my third 4Runner, and I have never experienced any problems with any of them. I see no need to ever get rid of this 07, since Toyota offers unsurpassed reliability, and this 4Runner offers everything that I need.

Style. Fair gas mileage. roomier than old 4Runners. Reliability.

Driver door controls hard to reach under pull handle.