Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

3 years and no regrets
By D-Dub

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Going on three years and 35000 miles with my 4Runner and still love it. I'm 6'2 and fit easily even with the sunroof. Ride is very smooth and quiet. (Smoother and quieter than our '06 TL.) Easy to see all around, mirrors are big, brakes work well, feels very safe. I feel like I can drive over or through anything even though I rarely go off road anymore. The only problems I've had were a couple interior rattles but the dealer took care of them. Sure the gas mileage is bad (average 16.3 with my lead foot in mostly city driving) but I knew that going in so can't complain. Highly recommend this vehicle.

MP3 connection, front power outlet, navigation, backup camera, climate control knobs are ugly but the auto system works very well.

Fuel door switch is in an awkward spot.

Surprised at How Much I Enjoy It
By TreyBlaq

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a road warrior moving from an Acura RL to an SUV, I have been very surprised at how much I have enjoyed this vehicle. I typically drive 1,200 miles per week and with the exception of brake pads and tires, this truck has asked for nothing but gas. On that note, I have been tracking the mileage for the past 30k miles and I'm averaging 20.9 MPG - not bad for a V8.

V8 power, reasonable fuel economy, good driving position and stock stereo.

One power outlet at the front of the vehicle, no backlight for power windows, no iPod controller.

No wonder it is so popular
By Phillip Jones

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For years, the 4Runner has been a popular SUV in TX. I bought a 2005 V6 SR5 and liked it, but traded it in for this SE V8 so I could pull a RV travel trailer. Went with the upgraded JBL audio system and leather. Love the sunroof. The engine is a solid performer and accelerates nicely when needed. Exterior aesthetics are nice. Everyone who has ever ridden in it has been impressed. I expect to drive this well past 150K miles.

4WD is handy for back country usage. Towing capacity is nice. Very comfy ride for a truck. JBL audio system is nice. Like having the MP3 player plug, which I use with my Sirius Satellite radio.

Wish it had a flush-folding 3rd row seat and a rear-entertainment system. Fuel economy isn't the greatest, but that's to be expected with a V8.

I love it!
By Steve

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 4Runner. I just traded in my 2000 4Runner SR5 for this used 2007 Sport model. I loved the 2000 model and it was reliable but I had to trade it in after having a catalytic converter issue. This 2007 Sport model is great. The ride is much smoother than the 2000. The seats are more comfortable. Great stereo. Really like all the compartments and the MP3 connection. Still love the sunroof and the rear window that goes down. This SUV is solidly built with no rattles. Was originally looking for a black model but got the Mica Gray instead after seeing it. This 2007 model confirms my belief that Toyota makes the best cars at the best prices. I will drive them forever!

Sunroof, rear window, curtain airbags, seats, shifter.

Auto-window for front, passenger side window (for some reason they got rid of this feature from my 2000 model). Easier MP3 player hookup. Manual key locks (what happens if you lose the remote??).

Great mid size SUV
By bretski75

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If your needs are for mid size utility, not just an all wheel drive sedan with a hatchback, this is an excellent vehicle. It has the same motor as my Tundra did and tows almost as well. Handles the parking lots great and fit and finish are all Toyota

Rear quarter mirrors, roll down rear window, V8, mp3 input, full airbags, stability control, downhill assist. Bottle holders in all the doors

Cupholder in center console is pretty weak. Bottles bounce all around.