Used 2006 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great Truck, Great Value
By Doccruz

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, it's a true Toyota. I can't wait to go off road. The V-8 is awesome and smooth as glass.

I love the 4.7 engine and smooth acceleration. Towing capacities are also great, this is a true truck and not a car like wantabe.

Ability to disengage 4WD.

Love it!
By Love it!

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never have been a material person, but I love this car! I was looking at crossovers and wagons for MPG, and handling, but forgot it all when I test drove this Toyota. The MPG is typical though. But the handling is smooth and if you like bigger cars, as fun as any sports car you can get. I took it off road for fun, and as inexperienced as I am, I thought I pushed it too far at one point, but... put in the low gear, and I was out of a muddy, five-feet-deep river bed. Also, for everyday, the cargo shelf in the back is great when you want to hide some things and still be able to load via the window.

Drive quality for a truck. As bought, off-road is amazing!creature comforts pretty much leave you with nothing wanting.

The key-chain button has an option to open the rear window, which is nice, but you can't close it with the same mechanism: kind of makes it a hassle again. Being PICKY, the small cargo space in front of the cup-holders is cheap, and poibtless.

2006 4Runner Limited
By melady

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well, what did I expect? It's a truck, after all- and it drives like one. I was used to car-frame SUVs, and must say I miss their agility and ability to handle curves without slowing down to 25 mph! Mine is top of the line, but it feels cheap inside. I've also been used to German vehicles, and have learned that once you're used to that level of quality, it's hard to retreat to the Japanese style of imprecise steering and general loosey-gooseyness in the handling department. Affordability is excellent, but next time I'll definitely go back to a German vehicle that makes driving a pleasure, not something that must simply be endured.

It's been totally, mechanically problem-free.

Upgraded interior appearance and hardware. Stiffer seats with better quality leather. Firmer handling would be fabulous.

2006 Sport V6 4WD - Love this suv !
By 4runnerpa

2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my new Subaru v6 due to the fact that I wanted better pulling power and room. This SUV is terrific, the only thing I wish I would have waited for was finding a non limited with the JBL system! Standard one stinks! But now have in dash dvd nav with custom sub built in rear and all new speakers with full ipod integration. But JBL would have been a lot nicer. 22,000 miles now, and no issues with this vehicle, it is a true beast in snow and the power of this thing makes you feel like your driving a sports car! Love it!

Power, best 4wd system with driver controlled choices! Rear window that does down, ride is good for SUV.

Tubular bars when getting out of truck mess up your pants majorly in bad weather, not good for anyone wearing business clothes. Have JBL on more non limited models.

4Runner
By PMM

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in 1994 Honda Accord w/185K on it for first SUV. Other vehicle is 1998 van. Wanted a true SUV for the trek to a second home in the Whilte Mountains of NH v. crossover. Also, wanted something reliable similar to the Accord. Plan to keep this vehicle for 10-12 years. Alway have felt safe in this truck no matter what kind of weather, snow, rain, etc. 35k in 15 months and love this SUV. We are a family of four and it is a bit small in the passenger area, but you can load it to the top for a weekend or week's vacation. No 3rd row as it was useless. If you need a people hauler, best to opt for a bigger SUV or van.

Back up camara, nav, MP3 plug for the kids.

The front seats and for that matter all the seats could be a bit more comfortable. Make the next generation 2 inches higher wider and longer. Would like to see a functional third row seat with out the need to buy the much large Sequoia.