Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

How to make this great ride work for you
By Nathan M.

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped every SUV on the market and after multiple years of ownership I feel qualified to give this vehicle the review it deserves. There were a few drawbacks to this vehicle when comparing it to others, but I've come up with a few work-arounds: Cargo Space - lower than most SUV's this is easily and inexpensively fixed with the addition of a roof box or hitch mounted rack / storage. Leather Seats - a dealer add on! Confusing 4wd system - just earmark the page the description is on. Once you figure out when to drop it into Lo / lock the center differential / etc., you're going to love driving this thing in the snow. Dash - You'll get use to function over form.

4 Wheel Drive - great in rain and snow. Functionality - it can go anywhere. Gas Mileage - glad I stayed away from the Jeep!

More aggressive styling.

Love'n it
By 4Runner man

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 4runner limited for the 2005 2WD Limited I have to say this vehicle is by far the best vehicle I have owned, a nav system, 10 speaker sound system, leather heated seats, a back up camera, power moon roof 17 mpg city 23 hwy, and a ride that is excellent. 245 hp, a tow package (5000 lbs) well you get the picture, love everything about my 4runner. Oh it comes with 4 different airbags. Plan on keep it for a long time. Oh yeah it runs on regular unleaded fuel, yahoo!!!

The nav system, sound system, mpg, ride.

MP3 hook-up

Best Mid-Sized SUV on Market!
By klegg

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've read most of the posts here, and most of positive ones are right on. We have the 2005 v8 4x4, and it's exceeded our expectations. Plenty of power, interior room is good and the height-adjustable driver seat is very comfortable and accommodates a variety of body types. Towing our 2300 lb popup camper from Denver to Page AZ with climate control gave us 16mpg at average of 65mph! That's pretty good! Control layout is very good. MPG in town has been a consistent 17, and we've had as much as 24 on highway. It's been as bad as 16, but if you don't drive it like you stole it, it will easily do 18.

5 speed automatic, room in front, 17" wheels, v8 power. 3rd row seat is great for kids.

Visibility out back is limited with 3rd row seat deployed.

Great Vehicle
By Dan

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 4Runner and the first Sport Edition that I have purchased. Thus far I have been very impressed with the vehicle. I am getting between highway and city 21.6 mpg so fuel economy is slightly better than advertised. The ride is smooth and the room (I am 6'2") is more than sufficient. The SUV handles snow very well as I live outside of Boston and handled two 10" storms very smoothly. Visibility in the car is great as well. Satisfied buyer.

Blind spot mirrors in back of SUV, roof rack, alloy wheels, hood scoop and revamped 4WD buttons. (I drove a 99 with the stick shift.)

None

Good but needs more to compete
By 4dr limited 4wd suv

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of my 4Runner, she rides pretty good. It's a Limited so you'd think I would have a lot. On the contrary, no navigation system like other SUVs for that price, the interior lighting is lousy on the doors and it is hard to clear up the truck when it gets foggy, which happens a lot. No iPod hook-up or MP3 player, no bells and whistles so to speak, but I love the outside look.