Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great SUV
By Bob

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my new 4 Runner Sports Edition for a little over a month. I have put a little over 1500 mi. on it. It runs perfect in every way. I tried to find something wrong with it, but I have not been able too. Motor, electronic, stereo and ride are excellent. I'm getting 19.8 mpg. average driving. The stereo is really nice, I just love the surround sound type speaker setup.

Color (red), mileage, ride, stereo, Layout of controls, multi cup holders front and back, style and the compliments I get.

Could use a little more head room.

Pretty Sweet
By PRF

2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dring the 4Runner is night and day from my last SUV, a Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited. It handles well and is a pretty quite drive. It does not have much body roll, like many SUVs and trucks out there. I highly recommend the V8.

V8. Large sunroof, which tilts and opens. Built-in shelf in cargo area. Large controls, A/C, etc.

The digital screen, which tell gas mileage, time, etc. is pretty small and can be hard to read while driving.

Awesome SUV. Best in class by far
By Bigdaddydude

2005 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is my 2nd 4Runner and they just keep getting better. I LOVE the quality and feel of the leather, it is 10 times better than cloth. The heated seats are a really cool, or should I say hot feature! Although my car-loving son uses them more than I do, they are still an excellent touch on frosty mornings. This car has a punchy V6 that provides plenty of power. The stereo sounds like music from heaven and I also like the 6-disc CD changer, I also enjoy this car's ULTRA-quiet cabin and soft ride and yet you can still feel the road. I am in love with this car and will continue to buy them untill a better car comes out (which will probably not happen).

Dual-zone climate control, heated seats,s ound system, leather, easy-to-use controls (climate control could be easier to use), Front seat comfort, running boards, transmission, power rear hatch closer, WHISPER quiet interior, great interior/exterior design, awesome ride quality and good road feel.

I would like to see memory seats, more rear leg room and more comfortable rear head rests but other than that, this car is perfect!!!

POOR FABRIC ON SEATS
By R L Whyle

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The material used for the seat trim is dark gray in color and reminds you of suede or soft leather. It is very nice to look at when clean, the only problem is it does not stay clean. It collects any dust, lint, fuzz etc. that is in the air. And requires cleaning every other day or so just to look decent. You will have to carry a lint roller with you. The dealer only offers new seats for sale at full price.

Love the V/8

Get rid of that seat trim material! The steering could be much better. THE MILES PER GALLON IS TERRIBLE!!!

Expensive, but great vehicle
By MER

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Although it could use a little more leg room this is a great vehicle. The dealership installed a custom leather interior for a really good price which saved us thousands (not having to buy the Limited package). Today we gave the vehicle a good run through the desert near the Mexican border. It was well over 100 degrees, climbing 4000 ft. mountains on the back roads and on Interstate 8 and gas mileage was really great and temperature guage never moved. The V8 is very quite and powerful for the size. It should last for years, I have seen a lot of old ones on the road that still look like new. Recommend to at least drive this SUV before buying something else.

The ride is quite. Handling is also great with the sport package. It's different than the other models (shocks are criss-cross connected).

More front leg room. Power seats in all models. Add a 12V connection on dash. Option for add-on SAT Radio.