Used 1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Great car.
By nick28powell

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

I just recently had a unfortunate traffic incident where an ignorant woman ran a light ad hit my back end. i have a small dent in the body work no larger than a football.
however her car was cremated her hood is screwed lights smashed wheel arches bowed out.
good safe strong reliable car and not to bad on gas either.

Ect button.

More bHp

My Reliable Rig
By Susan

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

It is so reliable. I looked in consumer reports before my purchase as it had 44,000 miles on it and was spendy at that time.The only thing I have ever had to do is change the starter at 85K and purchase tires.I have never had any mechanical problems.

It is a bit plain, yet a good looking rig. Plenty of room to help someone move, high enough that deep snow is not a problem.

more seat position options. Better cup holder.

Awesome SUV
By Joe

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV new in Sept. 1997 and it now has 150,000 miles and it is still running strong. Wife wants me to buy a new truck and I would get another 4Runner, but I am not ready to give up this truck. They just don't build them like this anymore. Quality for all manufacturers is just not the same as it was in the 90's. 13 years old and is as dependable as the newer cars in our family. I may give this truck to my daughter in a couple of years when she starts to drive and needs a car.

Love it!
By Chatfield

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV 4dr SUV

I purchase this vehicle 4 years ago with 104,000 miles on it. I have done nothing to it but change the oil, it is now at 154,000. Best car I have ever owned.

1997 4Runner
By MRDUCKS1

1997 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Unparalleled quality and reliability No major repairs required in 11 years Best all weather vehicle available. Exceptional. Used in states ranging from AK, KS, CO, SC, SC, IL, VA, LA and everywhere in between. I would not hesitate to take it anywhere with 235,000 miles on it today.

4WD, Cruise, headlight viewing area low and high beam, anti-lock brakes, feature that will not allow you to lock the car with your in keys in the ignition. horsepower and fuel efficiency for a 4WD/SUV. I will buy another one when this one wears out. Quality and reliability unmatched by US manufacturer.