Used 1992 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 4Runner for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

nice, but slow

davey, 12/22/2002
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I am a chevy mechanic and yes I own a yota. I don't like working on my own vehicles after 50 hours of work every week. This truck is very reliable, but lacks power, BIG TIME!!! This 3.0 is impossible too work on too. I think my 1987 toy pickup with 200K on it is faster! My 85 4runner handled better, it pulls poorly, and gets blown around on the highway like a rag doll. I will probably sell and get a used tahoe or suburban. At least if they break down I'm not lost under the hood and They have an ENGINE.

1992 4runner v6 4x4

rs_nasser, 10/09/2011
SR5 V6 4dr SUV

recently purchased my 1992 4runner that i was looking for. it came will all the options and drives extremely smooth, brakes, transmisssion, everything. very well built car. i was mostlt SHOCKED when i found out GAS MILAGE is very bad. giving me 10 mpg city. any ideas from anyone as to why the mpg is soo baaad.? please help. ty

Look out for head gasket (blew 2x)

Inlarkspur, 10/17/2002
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4Runner two years ago from a dealership. I was told that the head gaskets were replaced in 1994. This year, the head gasket blew again. I found out that some of the recall replacements were bad too. I took my truck back to the dealership I bought it from and Toyota took care of the repair - but they informed me that I was on the tail end of the warranty. My advice to anyone purchasing a 1992 would be to investigate this further. I also had to make a fair amount of repairs to this vehicle (I put $1,000 into various repairs). It would be a really good idea to get this car thoroughly checked out by a mechanic before purchasing one.

Built to Last and Last-----

humansvcsgypsy, 05/28/2005
SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck with 155000 miles already on it to run urban and rural newspaper delivery routes. Have given it very hard use in all kinds of weather; lots of time idling, with constant stop and go driving, into and out of driveways. The engine and tranny are very sound. It came with all the whistles and bells and all worked!! Replaced the radiator, belts and hoses. All gaskets are sound--no leaks even under high pressure car washes! Used one quart between oil changes. With care this one ought to go 350K. It is a real pleasure to drive this great vehicle--no rattles or squeaks. The ride is not bad for a truck chassis built to go overland.

I love my truck

Lisa, 09/04/2006
SR5 V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this truck. I've owned it for over 10 years and it has never let me down. I stay on top all the maintainance and it has been extremely reliable. Even when I was backing down a steep bouldery slope into a river- side camping spot, the 4 wheel drive LOW was amazing and has continued to impress me over the years. This is a solid, comfortable SUV that is great for camping, skiing and other outdoor pursuits. It also handles well around town. The gas mileage is only about 16 now that it's almost 15 years old. The 1992 is a great year for the 4 Runner.