If you want a family-friendly electric SUV, the 2016 Tesla Model X is in a class of one. You'll love the large door openings and silent speed of this midsize electric crossover that utilizes many of the same components as Tesla's successful Model S sedan.
- Enough range for daily use
- Tremendously quick acceleration
- Five-, six- and seven-passenger configurations
- Unique rear doors open wide.
- Non-folding second row of seats and vertical-opening rear doors compromise utility
- Out of the price range of most crossover buyers
- Towing is largely incompatible with Supercharger network
- Unknown reliability.