Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki XL7

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

GOOD RELIABLE RIDE
By RB

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased approximately 16 months ago. Have had no problems with vehicle. Comfortable on long trips. Rides more like a car than an SUV. Much nicer looking ride and bigger than my Chevy Blazer. Good gas mileage for vehicle size and type. Very good handling in the wintertime over the West Virginia mountains.

Auxillary input for IPod. Very roomy. Easy access to third row seating/cargo area.

Nothing...like it as is.

XL7 the wander-er
By Steve Heinz

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Attracted first by looks, then acceleraton, then sound system, then fit. 2wd w/traction control. Car has a tendency to wander almost as if each wheel at times has a different amount of power than the other. We drive it but not as often as we would like because. Dealer has no explanation. Seems better without traction control. Wouldn't buy another one if it had a hint of this behavior. Love my 92 Jeep and 95 Subuaru. Suzuki looks good in the driveway.

Engine performance, smooth shifts, styling, sound system.

Traction stability and it should drive sraight without much in the way of driver correction or attention. Mine doesn't. Back up distance alarm.

We Love Our XL7 So Far
By BOBBY

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased this rig a few days ago with 33k. The first thing we did was take it on about a three hour trip. We love the roomy interior. Seats were pretty comfortable. I had plenty of leg and head room. The accellaration was great! Fuel econommy accoring to the onboard trip computer hit 26mpg on the freeway. Lots of cargo room. For the price we feel this is an excellent value. I see some people are whinning about cheap inerior panels. Sure they could be better. If you want better get off your wallet and buy a Caddillac or something. For the price we feel this rig is an excellent value. If we wanted nicer we would have spent more money. This has all the features and comfort we need.

Easy access cargo area.

More power outlets. We are sales reps and need some more gaget power, and an on board built in inverter would be nice.

Poor choice
By XL7

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had to sell at 24000 miles. Was using Quart of oil every thousand miles.Very expensive synthetic oil I might add. Lot of road rattles for a $30000 SUV. Poor gas mileage 13 city. Depreciated too much first 2 years. 2 accidents backing out of driveway because you can hardly see out the back.Dealer had in shop long time took the engine apart could not find the problem. Figure I would sell back to them out of frustration.Disapointing vehicle we planned to keep 7-10 years.

Felt safe in it. Great AWD system for bad roads. Very quick for its weight.

Start over from scratch with a different engine design if a a lot of owners start experiencing oil consumption problems like we did.

Disappointed
By MELISSA

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought this in Nov 06 I loved it. I still love it but I am having problems when I start it and the check engine light is on. It is at the dealer now. They supposedly fixed it but it did the same thing the day after I got it back (1400 bucks later). I still love it very much and just want them to fix it. Starting to worry. Heard it has a GM motor.

Everything when it is running right.

Not sure what problem I am having but if its the motor then I might have bought a car that was not GM, had I known.