Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki XL7

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Warranty problems,down sizing dealership
By Jimbrada

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great crossover but the dealership and Suzuki, AGH!! I waited over 3 months under the warranty to finally replacing the defective "Rack and Pinion" unit. I was very disappointed in waiting.

Spacious, easy to drive. I like the front seat heaters..Looks great..

A better service system for warranty issues. I also have the extended Portfolio company..I'm nervous about where to take my car to for service.

Great used purchase
By Dekker

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wouldn't be too impressed if i had purchased this new,however for a used vehicle its a great buy.The front (heated)seats are quite comfortable and ample leg room,I'm 6'1. Quick response from the engine and traction control can definitely be felt. Switching to manual shifting makes you realize where the extra horsepower is. Fog lights are a practical touch as well as a very functional roof rack. The dash just plain stinks, as others have mentioned a seam has appeared surrounding the passenger airbag, cheap plastic. I've gotten used to the location of the console window switches and actually prefer it, seriously. In summary recommend this vehicle only as a second hand purchase. p.s steering radius terrible

Dvd with dts sound,heated seats,third row seating(kids),safety rating,fog lights, Loads of power with incredible acceleration,17" alum rims,anti roll control, stability system,

doesn't matter,its discontinued....but should have increased the turning radius,and stepped up on dash and leather seat quality

Love our Suzuki
By Katie

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I travel for work and are in the car for hours at a time. This is very comfortable on long trip and gets really good gas mileage. (20/24) We did have a few problems with the airbag sensor, but the dealership was great to work with and we have had no problems since then.

sound system, AWD, heated seats, safety features

more storage in the front

Good Deal for the Money, Needs a Refresh
By calibumpas

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this to replace a '97 Grand Cherokee. Factors in decision were 5-star safety rating, usable third row, warranty, equipment, and price. I love the drivetrain (very responsive 3.6L and smooth 5-speed. AWD works seamlessly). After 30K miles it's getting 21MPG on average running Mobil Synth 0w-30 and Summer tires. Interior materials feel cheap to the touch and design is annoying in some important ways. A-pillars block vision around turns. I find my knee rubs on the console and my shoulder rubs on the b-pillar. Window switches are poorly-placed. Overhead console is garbage. Seats are comfortable enough but other factors distract me from a comfortable drive. You get what you pay for.

Engine performance, smoothness of transmission, size of rear doors (easy to put kids in car seats). Auto-levelling shocks, heated seats, features for money.

Remove or trim back center console. Relocate window switches to doors. Remove or trim overhead console. Improve mileage by 2-3 MPG.

Will I ever learn??
By Bob Miller

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purcheased an 07 AWD with 24K miles from an individual, next day the engine light was on. My auto tech son put on scanner and in 5 min said it had a bad catalytic converter. Vehicle still under warranty so took it to a dealer in Denver area next day. Their highly trained techs took two and a half hrs and diagnosed catalytic converter needed replaced. Ordered parts and need to go back to fix...sometime. Dealer rep had a real unpleasant attitude. Only experienced this once before, also with a GM product (03 Pontiac). Swore I would never buy another GM product...should have learned my lesson previouly and stayed away from GM related items also. Will I ever learn???

Like styling, room and performance. Just took a 120 mile trip to mountains with 5 grandkids. Had enoug HP and torque to pull the mountain passes smoothly and we were all very comfotable, averaged 23mpg. Pretty good for this size vehicle.

Stay away from GM, it went bankrupt for a good reason...shoddy products and service. Road noise while driving could be improved