Used 2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Verona

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

This Car Stinks
By deedals

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Verona on 1/31/05. I had to go back to the dealer because the engine light kept coming on. The engine was eventually replaced. When I put the car in gear and pressed the accelerator it hesitated before it actually moved with jerking motions. It went back to the dealer again and I have been going back time and time again with no solution. I'm told the car is operating as it is should. If this car is operating as it should it is a piece of junk. I would never buy a Suzuki again or recommend anyone to do so. By the way I called the manufacturer in California and the response was as great as the car's performance.

This car looks good and the price was attractive.

They need to improve on the acceleration. It seems so lacking in the performance department. I don't expect a sports car performance but I did expect more than it has considering it has a 6-cylinder engine.

Verona, Not Bad.
By Alienpath

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona's ride is probably one of its best features. In my opinion, it blows the Accord away in comfort. Its design is maybe a bit old school, but very nice and classy. Its engine is smooth running and rather quiet, until you step on it. There's a lot of bang for the buck with the Verona Luxury model. It's only unknown is its reliability, which remains to be seen.

I like how the Verona has power everything, including the sunroof. Its nice having stereo controls on the steering wheel. It has a great looking dash and a tight turning radius. It is one of the heaviest cars in its class. It is comfy, comfy, comfy. I like the 60/40 split rear seat. The Verona is well built.

Its gas mileage is horrible. It has a noisy engine when stepping on it. Also, it has a ridiculous lack of horsepower considering the heaviness of the car. Its transmission sometimes a bit squirrelly. It has small cup holders.

Not what you'd think!
By Mike Smith

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Verona was a fun car to drive and it ran very well. Until I had a "Thud" in the transmission and it went down hill from there. After a "Reprogramming", it now hesitates very frequently, it has a lot less horsepower, and gas milage is rotten and those were this car's good points! Suzuki has given me the run-around between Cal (Where you have to call for problems) and a service rep that takes days to call you back. If you want a car for a reasonable price, my experience is this car is "Not what you'd think!"

It needs more power. The service reps that you can speak to or at least the dealer can contact are terrible.

My Verona I love you but.
By Andy Cloutier

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We liked what we saw, the style was very attractive, The 20" wheels look real racy and it has disc brakes all around, wow. I like the ABS and air pressure check from the dash. The 6 cylinder engine is very smooth. The pneumatic hood lifters are a plus, no need to raise the hood bar. The automatic shifter very smooth. The interior wood applique and chrome trim very are attractive. The leather intrerior, heated seats and heated outdoor mirrors are a luxury you wouldn't expect from a car this price. BUT, its gas mileage is not impressive. I am only getting 15 MPG on average. My car wobbles too much on windy days and the transmission is a little clunky when shifting, It is not a perfect world, we love it and we would give it a B+ all in all, the Verona is a nice city car.

The great looks, sunroof ,fog lights, attractive 20" spoke wheels, and electric adjustable seat.

This a EX model, nothing on the vehicle shows this, it could be a LX which is a cheaper model. It should have chrome EX insigna. Also, the sun visors are too low.

A Lot of Car for Less Money
By KenGTS

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I walked into the dealership not knowing a darn thing about these cars and then left with one. Mine is a demo the dealership owner was driving. I couldn't believe how smooth it is. The inline six engine is very smooth, but needs some more oomf. I can't wait for the summer road trip!

The ride and drive definitly. The car is very comfortable and quiet.

You would think such a small engine would get better gas mileage. It needs more horsepower also. The hubcaps are cheap looking, put alloys on all the models.