Used 2004 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Verona

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

Don't buy it
By junit483

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle after I had my first child. Two weeks after purchase it had to go into the dealership for repair. The rearend came loose. That repair took three days to complete. The next problem was some wierd eletrical disturbnce. The radio would come on and select a volume on its own. Not exactly an easy way to keep an infant asleep. That repair took almost a full week to diagnose and fix. After that the transmission went, Engine blow (note: no oil was missing and after they checked the computer it wasn't abused) no explaination was given to why it went. Between the tranny and engine going the car was in for repairs for over a month and a half. The dealership did get me a rental.

The headlights worked very well. Through rain snow or whatever vision is very good.

Take GM's 3.6L that is currently in a vast array of vehicles including Suzuki's own XL7 and drop that in the Verona. The transmission has troubles selecting the correct gear at times. A better sound system wouldn't hurt. Something that is similsr to that of the Neons system. Repair times faster.

Never again!
By Holly

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had problem after problem since I bought this car. ECM probs, and constant oxygen sensors going out. It is in the shop now getting the 7th one replaced and there is only 33,000 miles on the car. I was told after the warranty expires, it will cost me $300 to replace each sensor. Forget it. 3 year warranty is up next week. It's time to go trade it in for a Toyota Camry, something reliable. I was also disappointed in the gas mileage, about 21 mpg.

I have enjoyed all the features inside. The climate control AC, the stereo being able to be controlled on the steering wheel. Also the seats are very comfortable. The wood grain look on the dash looks very classy. I really like the car, when it's not in the shop.

The style is nice, but thats it.
By esalazar

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car I only had for 1yr 9 mos. Been in the shop 5 times. I filed a claim under the lemon law. I turned in this car on May 16th, 2007 with 37,332 miles on it. I got it with only 23,900. It's a really nice car, and I got lots of compliments on it. Considering the motor, the suspension and the lack of speed. it was not nice enough to keep and deal with. It would be nice though, if Suzuki can fix the problems on the Veronas, they are very nice. The first car I have ever really liked turned out to be a lemon.

Sound system, the color of it inside and out, interior lights and locations.

Fixing the motor and suspension, it really lacks speed.

Disappointed
By Caryl

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona seemed like a great buy, almost luxurious with the leather, heated seats but in 2 short years I am now waiting for a buyback on it. In January (this is April)the engine and transmission were replaced; it is now sitting because of the same major problems and no doubt needs a new engine again. The transmission is erratic and also clunks into gear. The engine leaks oil into places they can not fix - such as the pistons. I didn't have the heart to even trade it in for another car, I didn't want someone else to be stuck with it. My suggestion - don't buy one!!

Its okay...
By Ally

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car so I was happy to druve any thing but it would not be my first choice. The good thing anout this car is that I havn't had too many mechanical problems with it. The bad thing about it is that it is a 'blah' car. Nothing special about it. I have only seen about 5 others in my city!

Wood grain interior