Used 2009 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Great little car!
By Sue

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from a Nissan midsized truck to this little car (after an accident that totaled the truck). I paid a little over 11,000 for this "used" 2009 vehicle that has 10,000 miles on it when purchased. I live in MN. This little car gets 30 MPH in the city and at least 38 MPG on the hwy. Today it snowed 6 inches here and I drove my "little car" all over the place! It handled great. the front wheel drive pulls you right through the snow. I appreciate the higher seats,it makes it easier on the hips when getting in and out. I HIGHLY recommend this car and dont believe that it only gets 20 MPH. The navigation and radio/cd work well, and daily someone tells me they like the color:misty green!

higher seats; the sound of the engine (kinda like a race car; 35 miles per gallon

minor complaint only: The cruise control automatically turns off when the engine is turned off. I wish you didnt have to turn it back on every time you start the car.

Awesome little car!
By Olivia

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my SX4 for a few days, so I don't really know how reliable or durable it is yet, but I have a feeling that it won't give me too many problems. My SX4 is the 2009 "Touring Edition" sport wagon with AWD, and it had 6,000 miles on it when I bought it. I fell in love with these cars as soon as they came out (the sport wagons, not so much the sedans), and I knew that if I ever needed to get rid of my Jeep in favor of better gas mileage, this would be the car I'd get. Low and behold, my hubby and I have to move to another state with a warmer climate where I won't need 4x4 anymore, so I got my SX4! It's a great looking little car that's super fun to drive.

The overall appearance (it's a gorgeous little sport wagon), the super nice interior, the gas mileage (around 28 MPG average, from what I can tell so far), the AWD, the six disc changer, the GPS, the heated seats, the surprising amount of power it has, etc. I pretty much love everything about it!

I wish the buttons on the steering wheel would light up with the rest of the buttons and dials at night. "Is that seriously your only complaint?" Yes! So far, at least. :)

Great car
By MtTop

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My son bought a used 2008 SX4, I liked it so much I bought the 2009 model. I have bought over 10 new cars in my life, but this car is by far the MOST FUN to drive. I've had it about a year now, and I still look forward to driving it. It's that much fun. Excellent AWD, used it many time in Northeast PA. No worry about shoveling, just put it in AWD and go, let the FWD car people shovel. Plenty power for passing and cruising. Spent many 6 hr drives to Boston and never get tired or uncomfortable driving it. Avg about 30 mpg to and from work, 44 miles both ways, with city and interstate driving. Bought the iPod adapter and also factory fog lights. Very easy to install. BUY ONE!

Garmin Nav with directions over the car radio. Also set up bluetooth phone to work off Nav system, also over car radio. 3 way AWD system. Cruise and radio buttons on steering wheel.

6 speed manual (already on 2010). Heated mirrors standard ( already on 2010 ). Different color dash lighting (again, already done in 2010).

Excellent and Fun.
By DDay

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Enjoying this car every-time I get in and drive. The fact that I can switch from 2 wheel to all wheel to locking into 4x4 mode is brilliant. The car handles well and has an upscale approach to styling and material. Two thumbs up and I have owned aver 18 cars in my life.

Everything

none

Great value
By Tony

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A lot of stuff for a little money: AWD, navigation, Bluetooth, steering wheel-mounted controls. Perfect winter/second car.

Navigation

MPG, audio auxiliary input.