Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

SX4 Sport - Long Term
By talisman

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Ocean Blue SX4 Sport now has 16000 miles. Its been very comfortable, fairly reliable, and still gets looks and compliments on its styling. Rear seat needs to fold down. At first, I thought that the trunk was huge, but the lack of a fold-down rear seat is a huge pain. Rear seat legroom is tight, and you will need BOTH hands on the wheel on windy days. The car is very sensitive to crosswinds, especially at high speeds. Fuel mileage has averaged 26.7 mpg in mostly interstate driving, which is good, not great.

Styling, comfortable for 4 people as long as the people in the back aren't too long-legged, really good handling, stability control, anti-lock brakes, all the airbags make me feel secure, and has been pretty reliable.

Larger fuel tank and increased highway fuel economy; the car desperately needs a five speed automatic. Split fold-down rear seat would be a huge improvement w/more legroom too. Center armrest should be standard! Interior plastics could be softer to touch and higher quality. Larger dealer network!!

First 20,000 miles
By OnTheRoad

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport Road TRIP Ed 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Runs ok in slow driving areas. Not good in California, 4 speed transmission needs all it has for Highway Driving. Windshield broke by itself at 13,000 miles, nothing hit it, The Dealer said it is not covered by the Warranty. It fishtails if you need to swerve because runs in front of car, at 40 mph. Gas for me is 29 MPG. The GPS stopped working and needed to be replaced at 10,000 miles. The fender needed to be fixed because it was coming apart at 2000 miles. This car is problematic. Next time I'm going to a Honda or older Oldsmobile or Buick or VW.

Doors.

Check out above. Transmission, Body keeps falling apart. Fish Tailing. Power.

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By JLEEGOD

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Mazda 3, the Toyota Corolla and the Nissan Sentry before I settled happily on the Suzuki SX4. This is a great car. I never understood it when people said a car can be "fun to drive" until now. The shifting is smooth and seamless, the car is very peppy and responsive and the acceleration leaves nothing to be desired. I enjoy getting in my car to go anywhere now. The quality of the car is great too. It feels solid and firm and is solid on the road. The cockpit is roomy and very comfortable. The stereo system and sound is just right. Everything just feels right with this car. The gas milage is very good. I do a lot of city driving and I'm getting 28 mpg in the city.

Lots of truck space. Keyless entry and start is a great feature I never need to take my keys out of my bag to get in or start the car again. Automatic climate control is a plus. Traction control and ESP are great in NJ weather. Great gas milage. Very comfortable inside.

No iPod connection. The steering wheel controls aren't illuminated at night.

Worth a test drive! easy to own
By SX4dude1

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan w/Popular Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Suzuki and I am rather impressed I purchased a Forenza and I will say the SX4 is a huge improvement in so many ways. The car is actually fun to drive with unique style and its easy to own I have had this car for about a year now and I have had no issues with the car so far. This has been one of my favorite cars to own so far. The 4 speed auto is a bit sluggish to respond and the lack of an auto stick type trans was a bit disapointing but it still gets the job done. There is just enough horse power to get you onto the highway and above legal posted limits quickly so this car is no slug. From a red light the car may not seem to be to impressive just wait and see

Exterior design, 17 in rims no ugly hub caps, Auto climate control, Cruise and audio on the steering wheel, pleanty of head room and a nice sized trunk. All of the controls are laid out well and easy to use. The best feature is the 7 year warrenty on the powertrain and it is transferable.

5 speed auto, with sport shift/shift paddles on the steering wheel. better speakers and a port built into the face of the stereo for MP3 input via cable. Independent rear suspension and thicker sway bars. less red on the instrument panel or the option of a different color combination.

Great Little Car
By Lakebear

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car for 10 months now and I still love it. It has been great in the ice and snow. I have gotten up hills that other cars were slipping and sliding on. The traction control and anti-lock breaks have kept me going in a straight line when other cars in front and behind me have been fishtailing. In addition to being very reliable and safe, it is a blast to drive. It is so comfortable that my husband always wants me to drive even though his Saturn gets better gas mileage. I'm averaging 27 MPG and I drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I test drove a Honda Fit and Civic because they got better gas mileage but they just didn't feel as substantial as the SX4.

AWD, traction control, ABS, CD player plays WMA - I get 12-16 normal CD's on one WMA CD so with a 6 CD changer I'm carrying almost 100 CD's in the car at a time.

Larger gas tank