Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

GREAT LITTLE CAR
By Happy in NJ

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2008 Suzuki SX4 4-door sedan 5-speed manual with Touring package. I researched a lot of cars and read tons of reviews before I settled on the SX4. The value of the car brand new in Feb 2009 was $18k. I paid about $16k after all taxes and all fees. I have never regretted it for a second. It drives great, it has never had any problems and I'm still happy with it after 11 months. It has traction control which comes in very handy in NJ in snow, icy roads and rain. I get about 30 mpg combined city and highway driving consistently. The trunk has a lot of space and the inside is roomy. Overall this is a great car with loads of features for a good price.

For the price it had the most features including keyless entry and keyless ignition, tire pressure monitoring and 1-touch up-down window feature. I love the little features such as the display which shows the current temp outside and the current milage consumption.

Bigger gas tank

Great Car for a Great Price w/ toys
By Shelltop

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I stumbled upon this car after looking at Hondas and Corollas with higher price tags but bare bone. I have been pleasantly surprised I got this car for $11k.. power windows, radio, large "roomy" interior feel. I'm happy with the purchase. The extra window front panel was weird initially but I see more copycats out there. I recommend taking a look at this brand.

Power windows, comfortable seating, smooth ride, extra front window panel

Better fuel economy, interior latch to open the trunk

Great car
By Rich

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Chrysler 300 and sold it when gas went over $4.00/gal. Great car for the money and increased the mpg by putting in. a K and N air filter. Now get 36 mpg highway. Fun ride and comftorable and still get looks from others. Suzuki should do more to promote their car line. Give it a look. Great car.

Sport rims,solid ride,and greta sound system for the money.

Bigger gas tank and a little more horsepower.

Little but roomy
By Wasack

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a large man and getting in and out of the SX4 is a bit of a clown act but once inside it's quite roomy and comfortable. Adequate leg room and I can even wear a cap if I so desire. Mileage has averaged 26/29. Slow down a bit and get 33mpg hwy. Handling is excellent even in windy conditions. Currently 24,000 on the clock and it's not required any maintenance. The only thing irritating is the red panel lights. Very hard to see on sunny days. The steering wheel controls are not lit making their use difficult at night. Would I buy another one? You betcha! Great value for the dollar.

My wife loves it! And then there's the mileage, handling and of course price.

Light up the steering wheel switches and change the color of the panel lighting. Offer leather.

Good snow car but rattles
By mountainlife

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Suzuki I have owned. The first one (Sidekick) was tough as nails and very reliable. We put over 100k tough miles on it with virtual no repairs. I hope the same for this one. The engine takes a while to break in and I have noticed an increase in mileage and performance after ~20k miles. It is not quick but will pull the 10 mile grade up to my house with the cruise on and set to 70 mph. I live in the mountains and it really snows up here. The factory tires were terrible and wore out quickly. I replaced them with Michelin's which are great. The car rides and handles great but it has several rattles after one year. For the money it is a good buy but I just hate rattles.

Great stereo, ride, handling, drive train reliability.

Better build quality and interior materials, larger gas tank.