Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Wagon AWD Automatic
By Ran

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased the car from carmax for $10k and didn't feel like I was being ripped off from a dealership and so far it's been great. It gives me everything that I really need. Automatic Windows, a/c, and reliability. I've owned many other cars but as I've "matured" this car is perfect for me right now. Doesn't go fast therefore eliminating speeding tickets, definitely within my reduced budget from a few years ago, and it takes me from point a to point b.

It's a simple car. who really needs all those bells and whistles after all? I get in it, turn the key, and take off. Not very fast but I go. :)

arm rest, bigger fuel tank, interior latch for the hatch door, and a little more horsepower. Suzuki should do more in marketing the vehicle in the USA. It's a nice little car

Best car I've ever owned out of 23 cars!
By MrClean

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First brand new car I have ever bought. The few problems I have had have all been covered under warranty. (New fuel pump, spoiler coming off, and a leaking strut. Other then that the car has performed flawlessly! With the drive by wire you have to reset the throttle a few times to get it just right for it to program itself to the way drive. I currently have 18,000 miles on it and have almost 50% of the tread left on the factory tires. I have them rotated every 5k miles & they work & sound almost the same as the day I purchased the car. I average 27 mpg on mountain freeway driving at an average 75 mph, at 55 mph on the same 187 mile route I got 35 mpg. It performs awesome in the snow!

AWD, traction & stability control, keyless entry/start, And the stock 9 speaker stereo system sounds quite good.

Larger fuel tank, better fuel economy (would be better if air fuel ratio was setup properly from the factory at around 14/1 ratio instead of 12/1. Causing it to run really rich below freezing temps), Due to thinness of paint, it gets rock chips to easily.

Intresting Design, gutless motor
By art howell

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Owned the car for just a hair over 2 years, put 33,000 miles on it. Overall it handles and drives better than any other car I have driven in the snow. I was able to drive in ~ 3 feet of unplowed city snow with out a problem. Downside, after 2 years I have valves tapping in the motor.. traded this in on a Subaru WRX instead. Overall the engine is my biggest complaint.. it has no power and I only got about 21.6 MPG out of it... honestly pick one or the other stink at MPG or stink at power not at both! Handles better than my Jeep in snow and ice, good reliable boring family car. For a 10-20k car it does its job but if you drive > 40MPH ever... find something better.

AWD (Up to 40MPH!?!?), Small enough to fit anywhere, I got lots of compliments on the exterior styling. This thing can plow through snow with no trouble!

Set AWD to full time, increase fuel economy or up the power one or the other because it stinks in both cases. Modify the A pillar so you can see cars to your left! Decrease weight, I've had large pickups with lower curb weight.

SX$ Cross Over
By Mike

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car was great for 15000 miles then the rattles in the dash area began....awful, selling dealer did not even fill the windsheild wiper reservoir dealer no help....Fuel economy for such a compact car is barely 27mpg for me. Eats tires, if you go studded tires with AWD and Traction control its awesome in ice and snow. If you roll windows down you cant here anything at all. Windows dont defrost well, very small fuel tank.Wish I would have bought a VW Rabbit

Properly equiped good in ice and snow

Better quality, bigger fuel tank

Not for the long legged
By Disappointed in PA

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for $18,900 including tax, title, and license which is too much money for this car. The AWD is great. Have had it to the dealer twice to replace the display consol (clock, temp etc). Cruise control doesn't hold your speed very well. I drive 55 miles daily to work so I have to get gas every three or four days. Very disappointing gas mileage for a 4 cylinder. It's only getting maybe 22 mpg at the most and the tank only holds 10 gallons of gas. I'm 6' 4" and this car has great headroom but practically no leg room. Back seats don't fold real well. Overall a good car but it needs a few more years of improvements to be a great car. Don't recommend it to guys with long legs.

The AWD. Goes great in the snow. The heated mirrors are great as well.

Bigger gas tank. A little more interior leg room. Better fuel economy. A little more horsepower so that the cruise control will hold on the hills.