Used 2008 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Suzuki SX4

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Worth a test drive! easy to own
By SX4dude1

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Sedan w/Popular Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Suzuki and I am rather impressed I purchased a Forenza and I will say the SX4 is a huge improvement in so many ways. The car is actually fun to drive with unique style and its easy to own I have had this car for about a year now and I have had no issues with the car so far. This has been one of my favorite cars to own so far. The 4 speed auto is a bit sluggish to respond and the lack of an auto stick type trans was a bit disapointing but it still gets the job done. There is just enough horse power to get you onto the highway and above legal posted limits quickly so this car is no slug. From a red light the car may not seem to be to impressive just wait and see

Exterior design, 17 in rims no ugly hub caps, Auto climate control, Cruise and audio on the steering wheel, pleanty of head room and a nice sized trunk. All of the controls are laid out well and easy to use. The best feature is the 7 year warrenty on the powertrain and it is transferable.

5 speed auto, with sport shift/shift paddles on the steering wheel. better speakers and a port built into the face of the stereo for MP3 input via cable. Independent rear suspension and thicker sway bars. less red on the instrument panel or the option of a different color combination.

Great Little Car
By Lakebear

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car for 10 months now and I still love it. It has been great in the ice and snow. I have gotten up hills that other cars were slipping and sliding on. The traction control and anti-lock breaks have kept me going in a straight line when other cars in front and behind me have been fishtailing. In addition to being very reliable and safe, it is a blast to drive. It is so comfortable that my husband always wants me to drive even though his Saturn gets better gas mileage. I'm averaging 27 MPG and I drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I test drove a Honda Fit and Civic because they got better gas mileage but they just didn't feel as substantial as the SX4.

AWD, traction control, ABS, CD player plays WMA - I get 12-16 normal CD's on one WMA CD so with a 6 CD changer I'm carrying almost 100 CD's in the car at a time.

Larger gas tank

Good Quality for the money
By allyoop1982

2008 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Convenience Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It drives great especially in the snow. Mileage is pretty accurate to the sticker. Very comfortable for a small car.

The instrumentation is set up neatly and easy to reach.

Center arm rest in the front, different color for instrument panel lights (red is too harsh).

Not Enough
By Volki

2008 Suzuki SX4 4dr Hatchback w/Touring Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice AWD car that is a joy to to drive. I just wish it had more hp. It's suppose to be a rally car. Make one with a super charger.

Radio, AWD, quality

More HP, more room.

Unhappy customer
By cj fish

2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hub caps are plastic, alarm doesn't include trunk. Not happy with the car. I would dump in a heartbeat if I could get someone to buy it from me. Rear seats do not fold down.

Include alarm in trunk. Have rear seat fold down.