Used 2006 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Reno

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Underrated Commuter Superstar!
By Jamin

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I work as a salesperson in the car business and I drive a variety of cars and trucks on a daily basis. Some are nicer, faster, bigger, and tow better than others. For me, this vehicle works. I work downtown and I needed a small, reliable commuter that was reasonable on gas but still fun to drive. This car delivers. I bought it with just over 40k miles on it and so far have had no problems. The flat torque curve of this engine allows it to pull even in 5 gear which is unusual for a car this size. I went with an 8 for reliability due to my short ownership. The car handles like a go-cart and winds up nicely. I paid 6k used (it's a 2006)- (a deal a customer could have gotten) Value-wise-- 10!

Good fit and finish, solid stereo system, love the 5 speed and the torque. Love that with no keyless entry the car still has actuators in the doors. Has predictable handling limits and good visibility.

6 speed manual would be fantastic. ABS and side impact airbags in the seats standard would also be great. The engine is a bit noisy when it winds up and could use more sound- dampening material between the engine and the cabin.

Reliable Little Buggy for 2 Years Now
By Harvester

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This has to be one of the best deals I've ever gotten on a used car. Bought it less than a year old, with 8500 miles. The cost was already 2/3 of a new one. All the complaints I've read about have never happened to me. There were 3 recalls that the Suzuki dealer performed - one for a wiring harness, one for a seatbelt thing, and the other for the running lights. I took this car on a road trip across Texas and back and was very good on gas. For $200 I put a Pioneer radio and it made all the difference in the world. The speakers are actually very nice sounding if you put some wattage behind them.

Very good bang for the buck.

Needs an upgraded radio

No problems in 30,000 Miles
By PSJ

2006 Suzuki Reno Convenience 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car. Got what I expected which was reliable service with no a problem to date at 30 thousand miles. Car has good vision fields and ride is tight and solid but it is a small car ride so if you think you're getting a Lexus at this price wakeup... although with all the radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel you will feel like you got more than you paid for. Oldest kid going off for college this fall. She wants and will get one for graduation.

Sunroof and sound system

They "Got" me!!
By K. payne

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we purchased our reno right after we got married as a 2nd car, boy what a mistake we made. I think the car stayed in the shop more than we drove it; head light continues to go out for now reason, airbag light on, dealer don't know why, no good a/c heater output, replaced tires under a year, middle console will not close and we had to the timing belt in less than a year. This car is a piece of crap, can't trade cause it's worth nothing. Biggest mistake we ever made

Good gas mileage

Give me my money back that I paid for the car and every penney we spent in repairs. Somebody should be going to jail for such a poorly made car.

Bad Car
By Kat

2006 Suzuki Reno 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. I started having problems when it was only a few weeks old. It took forever to get the problem fixed. Then the car had the head light not working problem. Then my front drivers seat came disconnected from the base. The tires wore out in under a year. The check engine light keeps coming on for no reason. The mileage is not good for that small a car. I was just told that I already need to replace the rear breaks. The service from Suzuki is bad. They knew about the starter problem when I called and told me they were working on a fix, I would just have to wait. I only had the car for less then a month. It is a bad, bad, bad car. I used to love Suzuki.

None

Don't sell cars that you know are a piece of junk. If it is just a bad individual car, then take it back for the reputation of the company. I will never buy one again, and have discouraged many others from even looking.