Used 2005 Suzuki Reno Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Reno

View reviews for a specific Reno model:

Scooter car
By lexie0199

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A practical car, not a head turner, I bought it for just that practical with decent gas mileage. At 79,000 miles there has been no problems, the 5 speed is great and the sound system for the quality of the car is awesome. I don't like the windows, when they are down they vibrate something fierce. Outside of that great little car, and of course I put the spoiler on, lights inside and options that were available. I would buy another one.

it is a pleasure to drive.

Better gas mileage

Good Car
By Saverio

2005 Suzuki Reno LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since February of 2005. It now has over 31,000 miles. It has been great. I put new tires on it 2000 miles ago. I opted for wider tires and it has improved its handling.

Radio controls on steering and cruise control.

The newer models have less to offer. Suzuki should have improved it not make it worse. Also dealerships hard to find.

Worst first purchase!
By Meg

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I jumped into this car way too fast. I have an automatic and it has to be the slowest ever. My car's nick name is "I think I can" because that is what I feel like when I try to pass someone! I have had my car only a year and a half. This car has been in the shop at least 5 times! My computer has been reset twice already! Then my head lights went... an electrical problem. Also the paint is completely gone off my back fenders! My dealership repainted this once and they refuse to do it again. All the paint had chipped off because of the design.

NA

More pick up!

Buyer Beware
By psgibas

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not only poor when it comes to fuel economy, but the technical problems I had with it go beyond my apprehension. I had major work done on it TWICE since my late 2005 purchase. I will not recommend this car to anyone, spend extra couple of grand and get something better.

The warranty.

Almost Perfect
By T Moores

2005 Suzuki Reno S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Reno for just over a year. The more I drive the more I respect this car. What's not to like? Consumer Reports doesen't like it. I used CR for years to research items. Their review of this car is wayy off. This is a darn good commuter vehicle. It's solid, safe, has a comfy ride, and is nice to look at. The warranty is one of the best things about it.

The speed controled steering and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

127 HP is adequate, but it handles well enough to bump up to 150HP. My highway driving gets 28-30 MPG, depending on how hard I drive. I'd like to see the gas mileage improved.