Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Would never own another Suzuki
By Mary

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my GV with 17 miles on it and by 13,ooo miles had to replace 2 tires. At 23,000 had to replace the other two tires. Had to deal with 2 recall issues, one happened before the recall notice was made. Brakes started to feel mushy and at 38,000 miles 2 more tires were wearing out!! Gas mileage was terrible and the head lights made driving terrible at night! Just traded it in on 09/06/10 for a Toyota that I love!! Buying the Suzuki was the most costly and stupid mistake I ever made.

Starting the car without the key

Gas Mileage, head light positions, tire wear, brakes

Need Better Seats
By MaiPhet

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Not bad for first couple of miles. V-6 with a manual stickshift real peppy to drive. Body style and interior design real modern. Handles well on road. But my biggest disappointment with this vehicle was the front seats. When taking a drive over an hour long my back would start hurting, I even tried buying seat covers with a inflatable lumbar. Back hurt so bad I traded it in.

Body style, interior design (the look). Dealership or Suzuki had a good deal going when i purchased the vehicle.

Better front seats couldn't believe i bought a brand new vehicle with sucky seats. Better quality control on suzuki's part front seat comfort, squeaks and rattles in dash, peppy but noisy v-6 motor

Has held up well
By Rey

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned my GV since October, 2005. It now has 52,000 miles. So far have only replaced front brake pads once, power steering idler pulley (under recall), oil changes, coolant, wiper blades, headlight bulbs (twice) and a new set of tires at 40,000 mi. The vehicle has been trouble free minus the recall above. I have no real complaints with reliability/durability. Wish fuel mileage were better. Has held up quite well.

Heated seats in the winter. Comfortable front seats, roomy rear seats, effective A/C /heater unit. Looks/design.

Improved Fuel Mileage. Ride can be a bit harsh, but it is the trade off for a "real" off road SUV.

Will never buy another Suzuki
By Gretchiebeth

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Grand Vitara 2.7 L V6 MPI for almost a year and have driven it for 4 months. The first time it was at Bill Gatton's shop in Bristol Tn was two weeks after I bought my Grand Vitara. And The last time I took my Grand Vitara to Bill Gatton to have the motor worked on it was a week before Thanksgiving 2009 and it is now June 1 2010 and I am still without my vehicle. I just found out last week I am the third owner of this vehicle.

I bought my Grand Vitara because I love SUVs but i haven't drove it long enough to have any favorite features.

Needs a better motor more information and has multiple recalls as well as repairs. Suzuki company, there service department should be more organized and customer friendly.

What I love and hate
By Anna

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE the radio controls on the steering wheel. The look and feel of the car is great. I HATE that its so hard to change the head lights and they burn out often and are uneven at night. I HATE that when the back windows are rolled down half way, a horrible pressure chamber hits your ears and an awful noise fills the car. I'm told this is because the roof is not heavy enough and if we put a rack on top, that won't happen? Oh, brother! It's Apr 2010 and just had a major electrical problem that cost $800 and wasn't covered by the warranty. The back door stopped shutting all the way, got that fixed. The brake light comes on intermittently now. It's hard to see out the small back window.

In-wheel radio controls.

--fix the windows-down problem --more viewing out back --better headlights that don't burn out so often and are easier to change out --keep the in-wheel radio feature on ALL models --more cup holders, I like that you can fit a water bottle in side of door.