Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Suzuki Has Really Improved
By pastorbigc

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven in 2003, 2004, 2005 Grand Vitaras, but I got into the new body style and chassis and there were no comparison of how much better it rode. The power of the engine and the look inside and outside are extremely great. It has a little engine noise as you take off. Overall I'm very pleased!

I love the looks, power, and features.

Lessen the engine noise.

My 'Lil Red Fire Truck
By kimmie

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am so happy with my new car! I was very skeptical of small SUVs until I drove this one. I was quite surprised at all of the wonderful safety features and how it hugs the road. It does not feel like a 4 wheel drive SUV, it feels like a luxury car. I love my new 'lil red fire truck!

ESP, what an awesome safety feature.

if I was going to to rebuild this car, I would put vents in the rear seat area and I would put better speakers in it.

Enjoyable and Reliable
By Walter Farrer

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far the Suzuki Grand Vitara has been a very enjoyable and reliable vehicle. I truly like the vehicle line, style and comfort. Features I would have liked to have are bluetooth, a power lock/unlock button on the passenger side, and an iPod jack.

The comfortable leather interior.

Give it better fuel economy, an iPod jack, bluetooth compatible with the stereo system, and a power lock/unlock button on the passenger side.

Gas Guzzler
By rey

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Grand Vitara for six months now. It is totally a gas guzzler. Mine is only averaging 12 miles per gallon in the city and 17 mpg on highways. The culprit is the high reving engine and confusing climate control system. It seems like the A/C always turns on. It is a total disappointment.

Nice Ride for the Money!
By Sandriver

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

About a month ago I purchased a Suzuki Grand Vitara and what a nice ride! At the time I was looking to purchase a small size SUV to use as my daily drive car and did a lot of looking on the net. I basically narrowed it down to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sportage and the Suzuki Grand Vitara. I drove all three vehicles (more than once) and decided to buy the Luxury package model Suzuki Grand Vitara for two main reasons. One was the available horsepower and shifting, the second was the quality of the interior and leather. The motor has more torque and the automatic transmission shifts smoothly. The other two seemed weak and the shifting was jumpy.

I love the great stereo and 7 speakers with 200 Watts to drive them. The Suzuki Grand Vitara also has great quality (100% Japan made!).

The only one small item is that it could use more cup and loose change holders (I guess there is never enough).