Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Nothing But Headaches After the First 3 Years
By jlaura

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this vehicle for exactly 3 years. I purchased it new in October of 2006. It seems like all the problems began on November 1, 2009. There were multiple recalls (I received notice of the power steering belt recall two weeks after having it replaced); I've replaced the tires twice; the headlights go out all the time; the CD player no longer works. Most recently, I've been having engine troubles. My mechanic tells me that the throttle body has some kind of defect that makes it prone to getting clogged. As a result, my car won't start sometimes. My last Suzuki had a rear main seal leak at 55,000 miles. I should have learned my lesson then... At 78000 with this one; hope to get to 100000

Affordable SUV, Radio controls on the steering wheel, Windows, locks, and AC have worked very well, Solild sound system

Radio/CD player has issues, occasional random tremors, more space for backseat passengers

LOVE IT!!
By tyjames13

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

iv had my grand vitara for about a year now and im very happy i bought it. When i first bought it the headlights were dual but i bought new sylvania head lights and they work great. love the AWD love turning corners way to fast! engine looks and sound great. im always getting complements on how it looks as well. i take it off roading pretty frequently and she loves it. my grand vitara now has 65,000 miles on it and still runs like brand new! i also love the leather, heated seats and moon roof, makes driving my car more fun..i have had a couple cars before, a 2002 chevy trailblazer LTZ, a 2006 toyota highlander, a 2008 hyundia elantra and now my suzuki. i'm 19 years old and im in love with it

At 60,000 miles as good as Honda or Toyota
By reyz

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am happy to report that my GV has been very reliable. I bought the GV new in October of 2005, minus a recall for an idler pulley, and an oxygen sensor that went bad I have only had to perform regular maintenance. The body, and interior have held up well. No different from a Honda or Toyota product, which I have also owned. The GV has taken the harsh NJ winters with stride. The GV offers lots of value, and its interior is quite spacious for a small SUV.

Comfortable seats, Four Mode AWD, design, and feels well built.

Improved MPG.

Please don't waste your money
By lilyj

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this suv brand new with 7 miles on it, it's horrible there has been muilt recalls, i've had to put money into repairing it month after month... complete waste! ( only 50,000 miles)

I love the interior you'll have plenty of time in it while your waiting for AAA

recall battery, brakes, engine, and Transmission maybe this time get it right... if your looking to buy ask about all the recalls

Disappointed
By Sandra Andrade

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Loved my Grand Vitara when I bought it new. Now have 65K+ miles on it, have replaced a headlight bulb, dome bulb has burned out, replaced tires at 40K miles, 3 recalls, and recently power steering rack had to be replaced. Had to replace strut mount bearings as well. It also smells musty every time it rains, but cannot find where any water is coming in. Would not buy another Suzuki. Owned a 1995 Suzuki Sidekick for 4 years, and absolutely loved it, no problems at all. Disappointed in my Grand Vitara. Road noise is also very loud..seems to get worse as miles are added to vehicle.

Keyless entry and start-up. Roomy interior, plenty of cup-holders. Exterior design.

Reduce cabin noise, improve mechanical function to avoid repeat repairs.